Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I take a lead role creating the future technical roadmap and technical designs for our cloud-based services and data. Leveraging SOA, large and distributed data collection systems, big data storage and cloud based computing solutions, I work closely with the product engineering teams to build the number one mobile performance platform.
You will be responsible for and take pride in...
The position’s responsibilities include providing enterprise technology research, planning, design, prototyping, and mentorship. This includes
- Manage standards for cloud technologies – be a leader in understanding, applying, and inventing architectural design patterns
- Define best practices, research initiatives, and proofs of concept and evangelize them, federate teams around engineering best practices
- Collaborate closely with the technical executives leaders to understand business priorities, define implementation strategies and system designs for new technologies based on business requirements
- Maintain technical roadmap, maintain appropriate technical and business documentation
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, code solutions when needed
- Key stakeholder management when discussing key architectural discussions.
- Hands-on experience with data lakes, big data processing
- Extremely experienced with OO programing and design patterns
- Deep insight about performance tuning, storage optimization
- Deep insight regarding high availability, scalability and concurrency management
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- A decade or more of software development experience including service oriented architectures
- Strong tech leader with proven experience in distributed back-end systems, and big data analysis.
- Experience with several RDBMS, MySQL/PostgreSQL
- 5+ years experience working on internet product architecture (SaaS, large website)
- 4+ years experience in architecture
- Experience leading cross-group or cross-company technical initiatives
- A previous experience in an international environment is a plus
- Self driven and make-it-happen personality
- Experience with AWS required
- Excellent communication skills, natural infuencer
- Major in Math or Computer Science
This is what we offer...
- Creating space for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, month, or a year.
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!