Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I own the creation and development of App Annie’s next generation flagship product, Game IQ, that helps top companies and brands within the gaming, media and entertainment industry win on mobile. Game IQ pinpoints in-game features and attributes like IP, art style, monetization mechanic(s) or gameplay features to automate game analysis at scale. For this product line, I’m the Game Specialist for the Korea market.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- Applying our industry standard taxonomy of Mobile Gaming onto the top games in the Korea market; analysing and categorising games metadata, and deploying and maintaining this data into GameIQ.
- Be the thought leader around trends in the Korea market and lead discussions through blog posts, webinars and (customer) speaking engagements.
- Find creative ways to collaborate with the gaming community, for example create and run our own App Annie branded Gaming Podcast and discuss market trends informed by our product with guest speakers from the industry!
- Leading the evolution of our taxonomy to deliver to the specific needs of your market.
- Collaborating with the Director of Gaming to determine processes for analysts in your region.
- Assisting and supporting all categorisation projects, including metadata creation, correction and testing.
- Troubleshooting problems as they arise and escalating issues through the proper channels
- Keeping up-to-date on current market trends in mobile gaming, listening to feedback from customers.
- Showcase the power of the taxonomies through demos and presentations to your peers, App Annie leadership and customers.
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- You live and breath gaming - whether it’s playing the classics or trying out the newest releases - gaming is your passion. You are our expert of the Korea gaming market.
- Your curious and analytical mind will help take App Annie to the next level and offer our customers market leading granular data on mobile games. You enjoy working with a team of like-minded people with the same passion for gaming.
- Fluent proficiency in English and Korean reading and writing
- You have 2-4+ years work experience in game development or game analytics and have deep knowledge and understanding of mobile gaming mechanics and latest trends in mobile gaming.
- Strong data and analytical skills, you enjoy ordering & categorizing and have understanding of competitive intelligence.
- Energy and grit are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, you love to share your knowledge around your area of expertise.
This is what we have to offer…
- Creating space for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, month, or a year.
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!