Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I am responsible for creating the localization department at App Annie. Our product is live in 6 languages. The localization department delivers quality and timely output of translations for all of App Annie’s content - webpage content, sales deck, product presentations, reports, blog posts, creative designs, etc. I work closely with our global product, marketing and sales teams in San Francisco, APAC and Europe, as well as outsourced translation agencies/professionals and designers.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
Please note: We require your resume be submitted in Chinese and Japanese in addition to English version
We are seeking a trilingual (English and Chinese and/or Japanese and/or Korean) and digitally savvy production professional to own all localisation processes Globally for App Annie's content marketing throughout the global app store industry.
This role requires good organisational and project management skills, cross-team collaboration, and a very strict adherence to timelines. We are looking for someone whose passion for the apps industry is multiplied by their passion for languages and digital production. You're a well-organised person, and ever-passionate to learn more about the apps industry. You’re also savvy with online media.
- Manage outsourced translation agencies/professionals to deliver quality and timely translations
- Work closely with our marketing teams in to deliver feedback to outsourced translators, and ensure we get the required quality
- Transfer translated content from delivered scripts, to our website through using the Smartling tool and report publications using Google Docs/Slides, Infogram. You’ll manage the external creative resources if design is required
- Test and ensure that all translated content looks exactly right
You should recognize yourself in the following...
This is a special role for a unique person with the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Language proficiency in English plus 2 additional languages.
- Familiar with digital media
- Strong project management skills – the ability to own and drive project schedules from start to finish, including managing peers and individuals senior to you (required)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Project coordination background in the tech industry is a plus
- Creativity and passion for creating responsive, original and interesting copy is a plus
- Must be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience managing localization is required
This is what we have to offer…
- Creating space for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, month, or a year.
- We provide a $43303 WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!