In this role as a Senior Engineering Manager at App Annie, you will be leading a team in charge of data acquisition for App Annie’s Intelligence products. Together with your team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a solid foundation on which App Annie builds its insights.
We are looking for a candidate who can help us set up operations in EMEA and rebuild a team that is currently located in the APAC region. You will be working with engineering leadership to guide the transition and will be responsible for hiring your future team members.
What can you tell your friends?
“I lead a team of talented engineers responsible for designing and maintaining large scale systems that collect data. Together, we provide the foundation for many of App Annie’s mobile market insights.“
How will you be doing this?
In the first phase in this position, you will be:
- Building a deep understanding of the current solutions in preparation of a transition period
- Constructing your views on a long-term strategy for this team, identifying opportunities to streamline the operation, consolidate systems and increase the sustainability
- Hiring a team of 5+ engineers that can help you execute on this strategy
- Facilitating and guiding knowledge transfer between your team and another team, ensuring full control on the operation in 6 months
Long term, the responsibilities in this role will be:
- Leading a team of 5+ engineers (initially), showing your technical leadership and helping the team grow professionally
- Building and promoting a strong understanding of App Annie’s product offerings, and translating this to meaningful and challenging work for your team
- Working closely with product managers and data scientists as your peers, spotting new business opportunities and driving new customer value
- Working together with engineering leadership to promote best practices, enforcing standards and ensuring high quality output
- Promoting a good balance between driving new product value and maintenance to our existing product lines
- Developing a sixth sense for technical debt, operational risk and data quality
- Estimating, planning and executing projects together with the team
What do you bring to the team?
- BS/MS in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 2+ years of engineering leadership experience
- Solid communication skills
- Proficient in Python or one of the other programming languages: Java, C/C++
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem (ECS and Kinesis is a plus)
- Experience with Apache Storm and Kafka is a big plus
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Ok, a bit more about us
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. The company created the mobile app data market and has been fueling world-class, mobile-first businesses since 2010. App Annie’s mission is to power B2C companies’ mobile transformation and enable clients to deliver winning consumer experiences. More than 1,000 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the gold standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 11 offices worldwide.