What will you be responsible for?
As Director, People, your primary focus will be igniting a high performance culture in the Research & Development (R&D) and General and administrative (G&A) functions at App Annie; where we push ourselves and each other to excellence, be accountable, drive innovation and win with style. This will result in creating a world class employee experience at App Annie, and you are a trusted advisor to the R&D and G&A leadership. You will be leading a strong global team (6 FTE) of People Partners based in US, China and the Netherlands, reporting into the SVP, People based in our San Francisco headquarters office.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I’m responsible for living and breathing App Annie's core values -- Excellence, Innovation, Accountability and Winning with Style -- to ignite a high performance culture in the R&D and G&A divisions at App Annie."
How will you be doing this?
- Assist the R&D organization with implementing a variant of Spotify’s squad model, change management & training of new managers in leading global and partially remote teams.
- Provide strong HRBP support to the leadership team of the R&D and G&A function together with your team People Partners.
- Design, plan and implement a range of scalable People Programs that ignite a high performance culture in the areas of total rewards, performance management and L&D.
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues while aligning with expected business outcomes
- Lead, manage and develop your team (6 FTE), while fostering a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Partner with Recruiting team to ensure we are attracting top talent and have a streamlined onboarding process across multiple sites and teams
What should you bring to the party?
- You're smart and are able to prove it
- Independent self-starter, with the ability to effectively work collaboratively across disciplines and cultures, is essential
- 10+ years experience in People role (including minimal of 5 years managing high performing teams) with a focus on R&D.
- Strong integrity, approachable, heart and deep willingness to understand our business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong proficiency in English
- You are a natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce
- Excellent project and program management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Strong capability in change management in multiple scenarios such as M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions), organization, and leadership changes
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie’s mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Yes, I want this job!