As a Mobile QA engineer in App Annie’s mobile development team, you will be the quality advocate during different phases of the app development lifecycle. You will make sure that our suite of apps for different platforms and markets meet the high-quality standards of App Annie.
What you can tell your friends when they ask you what you do
"I guard the day-to-day quality of a suite of world-class iOS and Android apps, packed with cutting edge technologies and used by millions of users every single day.”
How will you be doing this?
- Working with awesome Engineering and Product teams who love building high-quality products.
- Pragmatic and ambitious about testability, quality and delivery.
- Owning both app and data quality as a fully integrated member of the development team, from the initial feature design stage all the way to the finished product.
- Tackling the QA challenges of a multifaceted complex system, from API integration to functional & non-functional testing on the device.
- Executing the QA strategy to perform manual feature testing as part of the product life cycle to guarantee the highest level of quality and performance in our mobile apps.
- Running ad-hoc tests, monitoring user feedback, troubleshooting new issues and identifying/defining defects together with the team.
- Proactively identifying improvement possibilities and providing feedback to different teams involved in the product development and not being afraid of raising the flag whenever deemed necessary.
What do you bring to the party?
- You're smart and are able to prove it (e.g. you hold a degree in Computer Science or related field)
- You’re passionate about apps and analytics, obsessed with both finding and solving problems, and keenly focused on delivering high quality to customers.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you participate in. You make it happen. Boom!
- 2-3 years of software testing or development experience.
- Proven experience in testing web or mobile apps, background in QA methodologies and thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes.
- Familiarity with CI (e.g.Gitlab CI, Fastlane), debugging (e.g. Charles) and test automation tools (e.g. Selenium or Appium) is a big plus.
- ISTQB testing certification and experience in Agile processes (SCRUM) is a plus.
- You’re a great communicator and proficient in verbal and written English.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Ok, a bit more about us
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.