Within the Professional Services team, a Solutions Architect is expected to be functionally knowledgeable in hybrid and cloud data architecture, design patterns, and leveraging Snowflake and other modern databases. As a leader in our Data Solutions practice, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex workflows to meet customer’s business needs. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our customer’s business needs.
You are a self-starter and used to a fast-paced, fun, energetic environment and comfortable with dealing with ambiguity. Have a passion to solve unique world-changing technology problems. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
- Lead the technical deployments of Data Integration solutions working directly with customers and with customer system integrators to integrate App Annie intelligence via cloud-based solutions like Snowflake.
- Employ your customer-facing skills to communicate vision and insight to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences to make the connection between their specific business problems and App Annie’s Data Solutions.
- Utilize a broad range of technical skills and experience -- data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc -- to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation during the Sales process, including building demos and executing proofs-of-concept.
- Demonstrate the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make our customers (and App Annie) successful.
- Keep up-to-date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for data solutions, system integrators and customers.
- Work collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
- 10-13 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with batch, micro-batch, and real-time streaming data architectures and non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
- Wellbeing Allowance added to your paycheck- Use this allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet Allowance added to your paycheck. Use this allowance to cover a secure, stable internet connection
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy
During the Covid-19 Pandemic we’ve adapted how we support our employees in a number of ways:
- Donut Dates - connecting you with someone else in your region once every 2 weeks so you can get to know each other
- WFH Equipment Allowance - To ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Wellness Sessions - To keep everyone happy and healthy
- Virtual Happy Hours and Trivia to keep you connected with your colleagues
- Generous PTO that we encourage you to use for your wellbeing to go offline, recharge, and reflect
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About App Annie
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.