Field Marketing Manager
App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
The Marketing Manager, Japan will oversee all marketing for the Japan region both driving business goals for the region and helping App Annie to fulfill its global marketing initiatives. This is an individual contributor role in App Annie’s Japan office, Tokyo, working closely with the company’s leaders throughout APAC countries and globally. You’ll be responsible for building out App Annie’s Japan marketing roadmap to market its analytics and market data platform to Japan’s hottest and most influential companies in the technology, gaming, investment, mobile commerce and media industries. You will be tasked with driving forward App Annie’s business objectives in the region, including brand awareness, user growth, lead generation and new business revenues. You’ll be tasked with communicating App Annie’s acute value proposition to the companies that dominate Japan’s mobile economy. The role will report directly to the Director of Marketing, APAC.
How will you be doing this?
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting the business objectives of the Japan region and developing an overall marketing strategy that can help the team reach those goals.
- Drive both user growth and revenue growth for App Annie’s analytics and market data platform in the Japan region.
- Developing and managing demand generation, across multiple channels (digital, events…)
- Drive App Annie’s content marketing machine in the Japan region, delivering app market trends to the region’s top tier journalists and analysts, as well as App Annie users.
- Work closely with the sales teams to understand key opportunities for new business growth and working to enable regional sales teams with marketing messaging that speaks to their audiences.
- Drive account and industry marketing plans (including Account-Based Marketing, growth programs, and C-level activities):
- Growing new leads, and developing nurturing programs to convert them into marketing-qualified lead.
- Optimize account engagement and Lead to Opportunity funnel
- Track on our CRM and ensure follow-up with the sales team
- Work with SDRs to ensure MQL are leveraged. Ongoing correction and optimisation of the model.
- Developing customer marketing campaigns to help generate incremental revenue and educate our customers on new products and capabilities.
- Build, lead and manage the Japan marketing team. Act as a pivotal leader in the Tokyo office and communicate App Annie’s marketing vision to everyone in that office.
- Work closely with Global marketing leaders in online marketing, product marketing, content marketing and corporate communications to implement marketing best practices in the region. Work closely with APAC Marketing Director to inform regional marketing strategy.
- Be the voice of the Japanese customer back to global product marketing, helping drive compelling customer insights and case studies that inform App Annie’s product strategy.
What will you bring to the team?
We are looking for a genuine marketing leader born of the mobile apps ecosystem, comfortable with driving freemium, developer and enterprise marketing across multiple verticals.
- 5-8 years of marketing experience with a mobile apps and/or B2B technology industry background.
- Deep knowledge, expertise and passion in the mobile app or digital content industry.
- Japan marketing experience and strong understanding of what works in the local region
- Ability to effectively open up a high-growth lead pipeline through well-engineered content marketing and lead generation programs.
- Strong record of delivering marketing and business results, partnering with and enabling sales teams to achieve great things.
- Natural leader who can effectively communicate a vision and motivate others to drive towards that direction.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Experience working in partnership with a global organization a major plus.
- Native level Japanese and fluent English.
- You’re a mobile fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What do we offer?
- Stock options and competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed.
- 16 paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
- 2021 WFH Equipment Perk 42,890 JPY.
- Wellbeing Allowance added to your paycheck. Use this allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet Allowance added to your paycheck. Use this allowance to cover a secure, stable internet connection
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie’s mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,300 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Yes, I want this job!