Sr. Manager IT Operations
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
As a manager, Global IT Operations we are looking for an experienced Information Technology leader with a passion for building out organizations in high-growth mode. You know what it takes to scale a late stage startup to the next level. You thrive in a strategic and hands-on role where you might deploy a new security solution one day, and present an IT plan and vision to our executive team the next.
You will manage a small Global team of IT support engineers covering desktop support, networking and systems operations to support our offices and distributed workforce around the world. You will work cross-functionally with executives from Operations, Legal, Facilities, and People teams to develop and implement the IT vision. You have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment. From setting up new hires, providing end user support, to creating IT processes and documentation, to building out new offices across the globe - you've done it all and can't wait to do it again!
You should be comfortable wearing multiple hats and enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve problems. This position is uniquely suited to highly organized individuals with a wide breadth of IT knowledge and experience and the ability to work with minimal direction. Good communication skills and ability to set and manage expectations are key to be successful in this role.
What you will do:
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact for IT operations and be a champion for world class employee experience
- Lead and inspire a global team of 4-6 direct reports
- Oversee global operations team, ensuring all network, hardware and software issues are attended to quickly and efficiently for AppAnnie employees globally
- Review and Maintain IT/ security procedures and policies
- Manage resources both locally and globally and establish follow the sun support model
- Drive security audits, analyze outcomes implementing solutions to close security gaps
- Define and implement L1/L2/L3 support procedures for critical business applications. Including SLA’s and process governance
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current and relevant
- Manage relationships with IT vendors and consultants, evaluating and researching new vendors as needed
- Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
- Manage IT support for laptop/mobile, software, printers, and LAN/WLAN/ VPN
- Administer and support 70+ SaaS platforms via SSO (Onelogin/ Okta experience preferred).
- Manage and streamline new-hire onboarding/offboarding and IT orientations in collaboration with HR and other business teams
What will you bring to the team:
- Positive attitude and a big appetite to provide/ enhance world class executive/ employee experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including at least 3+ years in a hands-on IT leadership role
- BA/BS Degree, advanced degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in IT strategic planning, global office build outs and deployment of company-wide IT solutions
- Great troubleshooting skills and understanding of IT problem-solving techniques and methodologies.
- Strong experience in overseeing/ administering the Corporate/ Employee Experience technology stack (e.g. G Suite, JAMF, Slack, One Login, Zoom, Fresh Service, Jira, Box, LDAP user management, Security tools...).
- Technical skills in Mac, Windows and Linux, including administration, support and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of networks and network security devices deep understanding of Palo Alto and Cisco networking technologies (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, network and routing protocols and their related traffic patterns)
- Familiarity with Meraki Wi-Fi a plus!
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities and set clear expectations around deliverables.
- Be a team player and build strong partnerships.
- Experience in a fast paced tech startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Occasional travel required
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.