What will you be responsible for?
As Director, People your primary focus will be creating a high performance culture, world class employee experience, and being a trusted advisor to the business. You’ll be a champion of culture and values, partnering with your global People Team and business leaders to strategize, solve challenges, and implement solutions. Reporting to the SVP, People based in our San Francisco headquarters office, the Director, People will provide strong people partnership with our Sales, Product, Engineer, Marketing and G&A teams located in San Francisco, New York & Vancouver.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I’m responsible for creating and enabling a high performance culture and world class employee experience at App Annie, and be a trusted advisor to the business in regards to people strategy"
How will you be doing this?
- Partner with executives, leaders and managers to develop a culture of excellence, ownership, and innovation, while making sure we all win as one team & with style.
- Lead, manage and actively coach and grow your team (3 FTE), while fostering a high performance, collaborative and team-oriented work environment
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues while aligning with expected business outcomes. Past experience with globally distributed Sales teams is a plus.
- Take responsibility for a centre of excellence (e.g. recognition, performance management) and rollout and implement program globally (with help of peers in the regions)
- Manage end-to-end People Operations for AMERICAS region.
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for improving the employee experience
- Build out and execute the regional people operations strategy incorporating the global business and people strategy
- Partner with Recruiting team to ensure we are attracting top talent and have a streamlined onboarding process across multiple sites and teams
What should you bring to the party?
- You're smart and are able to prove it
- Independent self-starter, with the ability to effectively work collaboratively across disciplines, is essential
- 10+ years experience in People Operations and HRBP role (including minimal of 5 years managing high performing team(s))
- Strong integrity, approachable, heart and deep willingness to understand our business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong proficiency in English
- You are a natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce
- Excellent project and program management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Solid understanding of US employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training
- Strong capability in change management in multiple scenarios such as M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions ), organization and leadership changes
- Flexible to work with multiple time zones given App Annie’s global office footprint
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (San Francisco, Beijing, Utrecht, London and more).
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary & stock options.
- And finally, an office in the heart of the city, so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. Founded in 2010, the company launched the first mobile market data solution. In 2019, App Annie acquired Libring, an advertising monetization and spend offering. Together, these solutions comprise the industry's most complete mobile performance platform. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across all geographies and industries rely on App Annie to drive their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 350 employees across 12 offices worldwide. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Yes, I want this job!