Sr. Engineering Manager
App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I lead a team that is focused on developing the next big thing for the AppAnnie first party data platform. We are an agile team that gets to leverage cool new technologies and modern architectures such as Snowflake, Kubernetes, React, Scala and Python. It's so important because our work always targets to delight our customers by building robust, scalable, and sustainable solutions to real business problems.
How will you be doing this?
- Leading a team of initially 4 to 6 developers providing both technical leadership and helping the team grow professionally.
- Working with other responsible people, including other engineering teams, data scientists, product managers, and designers to estimate projects, architect solutions and deliver features.
- Lead the development team response if there are production issues that get escalated to the development team in order to help diagnose and troubleshoot stability or performance issues including resource usage (memory, CPU, network), responsiveness and latencies.
- Define new performance metrics incl. monitoring and anomaly detection.
- Provide project status reports to Product Managers and Senior Management
- Have fun and contribute to the product's success.
What will you bring to the team?
- 5+ years of experience in software development leadership.
- Strong problem solving, design, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in microservice architecture.
- Experience on RDBMS and at least one NoSQL Database, is a big plus.
- Experience with concurrent programming, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Understand high availability, scalability and concurrency management.
- Great sense of responsibility and ownership, you own what you build and you’re proud of it.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
App Annie is a great place for any engineer who wants to take the challenge and grow fast, because it never stop striving for excellence.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
App Annie does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any unsolicited agency resumes received will be treated as the property of App Annie, and App Annie will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
App Annie is an equal opportunity employer. App Annie values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.
Yes, I want this job!