About the Role:
We are looking for a detail oriented and data-driven analyst who will serve as the primary owner for ensuring conformity of all our processes with the company’s data policies. App Annie is the gold standard for mobile app market data and analytics. We leverage a variety of data sources, applying machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science to create market estimates for mobile apps and publishers, and to deliver advertising and monetization analytics for our customers. This role is critical in helping to understand compliance issues surrounding our data, and in helping to ensure that they are continuously evaluated and addressed in a timely manner. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Fully understand the Company’s compliance practices, internal policies and procedures and develop detailed knowledge of App Annie’s data, data flows, and processes.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback on adherence to company’s policies.
- Verify, extract, transform, append, and standardize data from disparate data types and sources to validate adherence to company’s policies.
- Identify and remedy compliance related issues in an accurate and timely manner and continuously work to improve and implement them throughout all processes.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured tests to assess effectiveness of controls and support the development of control improvements for various data processing and software developments.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering to verify that new software developments meet the company’s policy requirements.
- Serve as the primary internal data liaison between Data Science, Engineering, Legal to create strong cross functional communication and collaboration.
- Coordinate with Data Science, Product and Engineering to identify gaps in implementation of company’s policies in all data processes and help ensure such gaps are addressed in a timely manner.
- Share regular updates with various stakeholders regarding status of investigations, proposed solutions, timelines, progress, and issues in clear written presentations and reports.
In this role, we are looking to find someone passionate about working in a data-rich environment who is systematic and organized, with great communication skills, who takes a pragmatic approach and has enthusiasm for using analytical techniques to support and expand the company’s data management compliance processes.
What you should have
- Very high attention to detail
- 1-2 years in data analytics/management
- Analytical skills, working with large data sets to solve business problems, and providing practical business solutions
- Prior experience partnering with Engineering, Legal and testing for quality issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude for understanding application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Ability to work independently with guidance on only the most complex issues
- Advanced proficiency in G Suite
- Major in Math or Computer Science
- Familiarity with software release processes and related tooling (like Github)
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Working knowledge of risk assessment fundamentals
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more) and therefore lots of international travel opportunities.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary & stock options.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic we’ve adapted how we support our employees in a number of ways:
- Donut Dates - connecting you with someone else in your region once every 2 weeks so you can get to know each other
- WFH Equipment Allowance - To ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Productivity Allowance - To keep your home office running
- Wellness Sessions - To keep everyone happy and healthy
- Virtual Happy Hours and Trivia to keep you connected with your colleagues
- Generous PTO that we encourage you to use for your wellbeing to go offline, recharge, and reflect
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!