As a QA engineer working for App Annie, you will be a key contributor towards product innovation and quality. You will be part of a dedicated team being hired to build out a new product offering, with the ultimate goal of expanding App Annie’s addressable market.
What will you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie’s brand new Vancouver Office, which is focused entirely on bringing new products to market, and will be working on delivering an as-yet-unreleased paid product, helping to accelerate the growth of the company."
How will you do this?
- Collaborate with Product owners and engineering leaders to understand both functional and non-functional requirements in order to build out test plans
- Work with our existing automation strategy to feature test our product and ensure our automated tests guarantee the highest level of quality and performance
- Own both product and data quality from the initial feature design stage all the way to the finished product as a fully integrated member of the development team
- Tackle all the QA challenges of a multi-faceted complex system, from back-end database validation and troubleshooting to front-end functional testing
- Run ad-hoc tests, troubleshoot new issues, and identify defects.
- Drive continuous improvement of our QA processes on the team, provide feedback to product and development, and ensure that work is carried out in accordance with our processes, schedule and requirements
Who are you?
- You're smart and are able to prove it (e.g. you hold a degree in Computer Science or a related field)
- You’re passionate about apps and analytics, obsessed with both finding and solving problems, and keenly focused on delivering high quality to customers/users.
- Energy, Creativity, and Quick Learning ability are key characteristics that describe you
What should you bring to the party?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of software testing or development experience, with a background in QA methodologies and thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in front-end as well as back-end system testing
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces
- Experience with CI/CD and web based development tools (Gitlab, CI/CD tools, Jira)
- Experience with web technologies (REST, JSON)
- Experience in writing test automation code using Python
- Experience with test automation frameworks (Pytest/Behave/Selenium)
- Proficient in verbal and written English (finding the defect is only half the battle; you also need to be able to communicate how to reproduce it)
Who are we?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. The company created the mobile app data market and has been fueling world-class, mobile-first businesses since 2010. App Annie’s mission is to power B2C companies’ mobile transformation and enable clients to deliver winning consumer experiences. More than 1,000 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the gold standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 11 offices worldwide.
What do we offer?
- A company that cares about your growth, career aspirations and helping you become a leader in your domain.
- A passionate engineering team with an amazing team culture where knowledge sharing and growth is actively encouraged.
- A beautiful brand new office in Coal Harbour Downtown Vancouver.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Brazil and more)
- 15 days of paid leave
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, and extended health and dental benefits.