South Korea and Southeast Asia Marketing Manager, Seoul
App Annie’s market data and analytics platform fuels winning consumer experiences worldwide and is the mobile performance standard.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
The KOROA Marketing Manager will oversee all marketing for South Korea and ROA (with focus on selected countries) both driving business goals for the region and helping App Annie to fulfil its global marketing initiatives. Rest of Asia is defined as ANZ, India and Southeast Asia.
You will work closely with the company’s sales team in South Korea and ROA to plan and help to execute App Annie’s KOROA marketing roadmap to market its analytics and market data platform to the region's hottest and most influential companies in the technology, gaming, mobile commerce and media industries.
You’ll be responsible for the air cover to our sales team’s field activities, driving forward App Annie’s business objectives in the region, including brand awareness, user growth, lead generation and new business revenues. You will be executing programs that support our current customers, and that encourages them to continue to use App Annie products, as well as to upsell to additional products and/or add additional users. You’ll be tasked with communicating App Annie’s value proposition to the targeted audience.
In addition to the field marketing role, you will also be responsible for driving externally facing benefits-oriented product messaging that aligns with customer and prospect needs across the region. This includes PR, thought leadership content, customer success stories, webinars, fact sheets, blogs, and sales materials in collaboration with the global and regional marketing organization.
The role will report directly to the Director of Marketing, APAC.
How will you be doing this?
- Responsible for understanding the business objectives of KOROA region and executing an overall marketing plan that can help the team reach those goals.
- Developing the demand generation plan, across multiple channels (online activities beyond digital paid).
- Drive both user growth and revenue growth for App Annie’s analytics and market data platform in the KOROA region.
- Working with the PR & R&A team to drive Content Marketing and create compelling assets for public facing channels including website posts/blogs, Media pitch materials, event speeches, etc.
- Drive App Annie’s thought leadership in KOROA, delivering app market trends to the region’s top tier journalists and on social media (Facebook & LinkedIn).
- Drive account and industry marketing plans (including Account-Based Marketing, growth programs, and C-level activities):
- Growing new leads, and developing nurturing programs to convert them into marketing-qualified leads.
- Optimize account engagement and Lead to Opportunity funnel
- Track on our CRM and ensure follow-up with the sales team
- Work with SDRs to ensure MQL are leveraged. Ongoing correction and optimisation of the model.
- Developing customer marketing campaigns to help generate incremental revenue and educate our customers on new products and capabilities.
- Work closely with Global marketing leaders in online marketing, product marketing, content marketing and corporate communications to implement marketing best practices in the region. Work closely with the APAC Marketing Director to inform regional marketing strategy.
What will you bring to the team?
We are looking for a genuine marketing leader borne of the mobile apps ecosystem, comfortable with driving freemium, developer and enterprise marketing across multiple verticals.
- 5-6 years of digital marketing experience with a mobile apps and/or B2B technology industry background. Or in an ad agency working with Technology clients.
- Must have experience in marketing automation systems like Marketo.
- Must be data driven with significant experience with tools like Salesforce, Tableau and Google Analytics.
- Experience in online/offline event marketing eg webinars to face to face events
- Experience in PR working with journalists and PR agencies (optional)
- Experience in leveraging social media
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Clear knowledge, expertise and passion for the App industry in South Korea and globally. Able to create compelling messaging to App professionals.
- South Korea marketing experience and strong understanding of what works in the local region.
- Ability to effectively open up a high-growth lead pipeline through well-engineered content marketing and lead generation programs.
- Strong record of delivering marketing and business results, partnering with and enabling sales teams to achieve great things.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do positive attitude
- Natural leader who can effectively communicate a vision and motivate others to drive towards that direction.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Native in Korean and fluent in English
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re a mobile fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
App Annie is the pioneer in the Mobile App Data business. I’m working in an international environment and dealing relationships with the most advanced and successful local and international brand name companies as my clients. I have this challenge of constantly improving myself to provide excellent service to my customers.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed.
- Reimbursed lunches Monday through Friday to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Additional commercial insurances covering medical and individual life and annual health check up to enhance your health.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- A Yearly fitness stipend to keep you up and moving.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
- Based in Seoul
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie’s mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Yes, I want this job!