The Ad Tech Product Team at App Annie develops unique, differentiating data capabilities that enable our customers to generate insights from complex datasets and make better business decisions. As Technical Product Manager, Ad Tech, you will have a cross functional role that sits at the intersection of product and engineering to expand App Annie’s first-party data products and deliver business value. Whether you're working with our engineers and data scientists to develop our next cutting-edge technology product or working with peer product managers on the App Annie platform, you will help to create value for diverse, world-class customers like Google, Sega, Apple, EA, Reddit and United.
In this role you’ll:
- Participate in the entire product lifecycle; helping the team to conceptualize and ship new features and insights to improving existing products, and finding new product opportunities
- Work with technology - understand the product's technology at a deep level and interface with engineering in order to successfully lead the strategy for the product, using your technical skills to improve prioritization and planning.
- Work with data - solve complex data problems across the entire data pipeline, from data collection to data processing to monitoring and debugging. Develop opinions on the product quality, comprehensiveness and value to business.
- Identify market opportunities that would be valuable to App Annie customers.
- Seek a deep understanding of the players in the mobile economy including app developers, app stores, publishers and advertisers, and infer their workflows to uncover opportunities which will enable our customers to make better business decisions.
- Work closely with a number of cross functional teams including engineering, data science, data analytics, product support, product marketing, sales, partnerships, and of course, our customers, to expand our products.
- Help with ideation and create thoughtful requirements, and, through rigorous prioritization, bring new features to life under demanding timelines.
- Architect cohesive reporting and internal processes to drive your product’s success.
- Gain exposure to products in different stages of lifecycle and learn from your colleagues.
As a member of the product team at App Annie you’ll be:
- Saying ‘no’ a lot, to make your ‘yes’ stronger. 1,000,000+ registered users and 400+ colleagues means you’ll never be short of ideas - you have to decide on the right ones, and get them done fast.
- Participating in vision & strategy for the App Annie product suite.
- Facing interesting problems and opportunities on a daily basis.
- Breaking complex projects into smart minimum viable products, features, prototypes and iterations while deeply considering the larger business/strategic picture.
- Understanding technical challenges and making educated trade-offs with your engineering team.
- Monitoring industry trends to inform product strategy.
- Leveraging your technical expertise to close the communication gap between engineering and non-technical stakeholders, such as other departments and most importantly the customer.
- Demoing cool new stuff & celebrating successes with your team.
- You have a degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing from a leading university.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a product management role with experience specifying product requirements.
- You have a technical background and have worked on a technology product.
- Experience with analytical teams in Ad Tech, or building SaaS or App products is a plus!
- You’re technically-inclined and can get into the weeds of data and engineering problems to understand the pros and cons of different designs and potential solutions, via a thorough and methodical approach.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You bring people together to make it happen while achieving the support & respect of your team.
- Positively curious with a learning mindset. You take initiative and are data driven in your decision making.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional stakeholders.
Compensation & Perks
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (San Francisco, Vancouver, London, Utrecht and more).
- 15 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary & stock options.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
Product at App Annie
App Annie is the largest app intelligence platform, delivering powerful market data and insights to succeed in the mobile economy. Over 1 million registered users rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing from investors such as e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital