App Annie has a second DevOps Engineer opening, this role encompasses both DevOps and Database Administration. Please visit our careers page for the first DevOps role that we have open.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer responsible for operating and managing our cloud-based platform and applications, that also has some experience with database performance, scalability and security. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a global team responsible for ensuring that our services are running smoothly, are highly available, and are cost-effective. You will be responsible for monitoring and fixing production problems in a way that minimizes impact to the business. If you hate repetitive tasks and love writing code to automate systems, this is a great opportunity for you.
How will you be doing this?
- Building, maintaining and automating world-class infrastructure while delivering high reliability and the best performance possible.
- Leveraging a 100% AWS-deployed infrastructure, using cutting edge DevOps and Infrastructure as Code frameworks and best practices.
- Ensuring cost-effective service delivery by automating critical processes, including server deployment, configuration, monitoring, and problem resolution.
- Ensuring systems are secure and compliant with industry best practices.
- Performing quick and accurate troubleshooting and running diagnostics on production systems.
- Assisting with capacity planning and scalability to ensure systems are optimized for continuous growth.
- Designing and implementing system automation architecture, infrastructure, and processes
- Providing occasional off-shift availability for production issues or maintenance
- Build, deploy, configure and maintain database performance, scalability and security.
What will you bring to the team?
- 5+ years experience in system engineering position.
- Strong skills with Linux system (Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL) administration
- Strong skills with web technologies (e.g. nginx, gunicorn, haproxy, varnish etc.)
- Good skills in scripting using Python/Bash
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with cloud service infrastructure management (AWS preferably)
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools (e.g. salt, ansible, puppet)
- Hands-on experience with open source monitoring solutions
- Hands-on experience with testing and deploying large scale platforms is a plus
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Redis is a plus
- Experience with SparkSQL, Cassandra and NoSQL databases and clusters is a plus
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more) and therefore lots of international travel opportunities.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary & stock options.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
Who are we?
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.