Solutions Engineer, App Annie
App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
At App Annie, you will take a vital role working closely with our global user base of more than 700,000 app professionals, helping to solve problems, troubleshoot issues, and providing advice on the best practices for using our extensive product offering. You will also help to represent their voice internally and work closely with our engineers to fix bugs and our product managers to find opportunities for systemic improvement. You will be at the forefront of the fast-growing mobile and big-data industries and you will have the opportunity to work with the most dynamic companies in the world—from international multinationals to start-ups that are working on the next big thing—ensuring that each and every user’s experience with App Annie is always one that will turn them into App Annie advocates.
Day to day, you’ll be working as part of a globally distributed team, and you will learn the ins and outs of our products becoming the go-to expert for both users and App Annie team members. You will ensure that everyone of our users receives the highest level of customer service possible.
At App Annie, our vision is large and wide – the rise of the app industry marks a gravitational shift in content distribution – our aim is to create the new industry standard for app store analytics and market data. You need to be a driven individual and self-starter who can take the initiative in helping us achieve that goal.
How will you be doing this?
- Become the expert on the App Annie product offering, you will know the edge cases, all the tricks and how to get the most out of our products / applications
- 2+ years of experience in a sales/solutions engineering/solutions architecture/technical consulting role ideally in the B2B SaaS space
- Good technical background with hands on professional or personal experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Build scripts to collect data through APIs and web crawlers
- Support our 100+ existing scripts, updating API versions and improving the reliability and efficiency of the data collection process
- Investigate and fix reported bugs
- Obsessed with solving customer problems
- Prepare documentation and FAQs based upon product specifications
- Monitor server resources and services
- Become an expert on apps and app publishing
- Work as part of a team to ensure that SLAs are met and continually improved upon
What will you bring to the team?
- 2-3 years experience as a Solutions Engineer
- Deep interest in mobile app market and analytics
- Knowledge of engineering development tools such as soap and restful API
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages:
- Knowledge of Python is a must
- Unix based systems
- Ability to learn extremely fast and to diagnose quickly potential issues through understanding of products
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field
- Background in product development, management or technical pre-sales of digital advertising technology such as ad platforms and networks, marketing automation, attribution etc.
- Dedication to getting the job done and meeting SLAs
- Familiarity with working with colleagues and users across cultures, customs & geographies
What do we offer?
- Stock options and competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Working a little later? We’ll cover your dinner and ride home.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
App Annie does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any unsolicited agency resumes received will be treated as the property of App Annie, and App Annie will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
App Annie is an equal opportunity employer. App Annie values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.