As a Backend Engineer working for App Annie, you will be a leader in product innovation. You will be part of our specialized team, and will collaborate with product owners and engineering leaders to build out our new first-party data analytics platform.
What you will tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie’s brand new Vancouver Office, which is focused entirely on building out its new product offerings, helping to accelerate the growth of my career and of the company’s."
Who are you?
- An expert in distributed systems with experience in architecting robust systems, which are fault tolerant and scalable.
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies, containerized applications and architecting clean solutions based on product requirements.
- Has an eye for performance optimization both at a high level and low lowel of the systems.
- Experienced developer of RESTful web APIs for microservices using Twelve-Factor App methodology.
- Highly experienced with Java and/or Scala, as well as web service frameworks, such as Play, Finch or Akka HTTP
- Solid understanding of Databases and knows the benefits and trade-offs of relational and non-relational data storage solutions. Can tune and optimize data pipelines and database queries to support the best possible user experience
- Experience delivering high-quality code utilizing SOLID principles and enterprise design patterns, with emphasis in Cloud Design Patterns.
- Experience with Python a bonus
What should you bring to the party?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years in software development with a focus on developing rich web applications in a distributed systems architecture.
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more) and therefore lots of international travel opportunities.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
Who are we?
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.