Senior PR Manager - AMER
App Annie is seeking an experienced public relations professional to help build awareness and create demand of our offering in the market. As a Senior PR Manager at App Annie you will develop and execute an external communications strategy and plan for the Americas region. Ideal candidate will have public relations experience, along with integrated marketing experience
What you'll do:
Responsible media relations and social media strategy, including the overseeing and management of App Annie’s influencer marketing programs in the Americas. Manage social media accounts, relationships with media nationally and locally, and ongoing identification of new and emerging thought leadership opportunities to enhance the App Annie’s visibility.
- Positively position App Annie in the AMER market, and its spokespeople externally, primarily through earned media, social media and thought leadership speaking placements.
- Drive activities both designed to create further brand awareness, heighten business credibility in the industry and contribute as much as possible to driving pipeline.
- Oversee the San Francisco based PR agency and drive as much value as possible from the work they do.
- All elements of PR will be incorporated and there will be some support required for analyst relations, content creation and social media.
- You will be the day-to-day contact for executives and marketing teams in North America.
Demonstrates proven intimate levels of understanding and substantial direct experience with media strategy at a national and global level preferably working in-house and at a public relations agency as well as extensive success in accomplishing key objectives, including the following areas:
- Developing and executing PR strategies focused on App Annie’s AMER business objectives and public positioning goals, including launching App Annie’s key reports to the media, working with App Annie spokespeople on scheduling and preparing for media interviews, raising App Annie’s profile at sponsored events, developing digital media profiles for App Annie leaders, responding to unsolicited incoming media requests, and other communications;
- Maintaining solid media contacts at the local and national level, identifying and seeking out additional reporter contacts valuable to App Annie and develop them across traditional media (including top-tier print and broadcast as well as service, industry and/or geographic trade publications) and new media platforms (including social media outlets e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook);
- Exhibiting results that exemplify knowledge of the business e.g. professional judgment and decision-making that promotes vision and protects the App Annie’s brand externally.
Skills to Be Successful
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success in roles involving project management, day-to-day operations and multi-tasking, overseeing multiple and diverse projects simultaneously to perform the following tasks:
- Work directly with reporters and online influencers to help develop relationships between those and the lines of service leadership and partners;
- Oversee, develop and cultivate media relationships;
- Build and maintain relationships while working effectively within a matrixed organization to address strategic and risk management issues;
- Perform as a skilled verbal communicator, writer, and strategist, understands the tactics of the PR business (i.e. content development, pitches, interviews, social media) and also has the experience to know when and how to apply them, depending on the need or situation;
- 7-9 years of experience managing successful public relations programs
- BA or BS degree
- Experience working both in-house and at an agency
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone and Mac laptop.
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other stuff to help you get through the day.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A yearly fitness stipend that will keep you up and moving.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
About App Annie
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
Yes, I want this job!