ApotheCom is an exciting leader in the field of medical communications. Drawn together from several backgrounds including the pharmaceutical industry, research, marketing, medical and regulatory writing, sales, publishing, digital media and design, we have the experience and all-round ability to conceive and deliver the best quality medical communications programs.
About the role
The Scientific Director assists in the management and facilitation of the scientific writing process. You will assess the needs of the client and manage the accuracy, quality, and content of all written material.
Here's what you'll do:
- Work directly with clients and physicians/consultants to develop editorial content.
- Maintain and follow current editorial and style guidelines.
- Communicate with clients developing plans, budgets, and timelines for projects.
- Attend conferences/symposia or other meetings and guide communication between our organization, participants and clients.
- Work with team members to determine criteria for literature searches and content of data packages.
- Review editorial assignments and data to ensure medically accurate information to client specifications.
- Conduct reviews, give feedback and mentor Medical Writers
- Aide in the development of departmental guidelines and procedures
- Coordinate with internal departments (Creative, Client Services) to develop accurate timelines, monitor projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Facilitate planning meetings with internal team members to determine specifications and timelines for individual projects.
- Alert appropriate team members to services of project requirements beyond those specified by original contractual agreements (i.e., increased scope of work, changed focus)
- Coordinate with internal departments (Creative, Client Services) to develop accurate timelines.
- Help secure new business by representing the Scientific Services Department at client presentations, providing information, and therapeutic area expertise.
- Help continue and expand current business opportunities by maintaining positive client relations.
- Evaluate new business and assign team members for the most effective project management.
- Advanced degree in Life Science, Writing, or Pharmacology required.
- 5+ years' experience in a medical writing or scientific direction capacity.
- Speak and work with client and faculty members.
- Manage multiple levels of writers.
- Travel, including weekends.
- Health coverage
- Retirement plan
ApotheCom can offer an attractive rewards package, excellent development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
At ApotheCom, we value inclusivity, recognize the power of diversity and inspire the next generation of change-makers. We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe in creating a work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion. We aim to recruit from a diverse slate of candidates and foster an environment that provides the right conditions for long-term success. We welcome all applications regardless of race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and physical or mental disability.
ApotheCom is part of Inizio Medical. Inizio is a strategic partner for health and life sciences with a full suite of medical, marketing, advisory and engagement services.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.