ApotheCom, an exciting and innovative leader in the field of medical communications, is growing! We are looking for a Senior Medical Writer to join our team in London / Manchester or UK remote .
Drawn together from multiple backgrounds including the pharmaceutical industry, research, marketing, medical and regulatory writing, sales, publishing, digital media and design, we have the experience and all-round ability to conceive and deliver the best quality medical communications programmes.
You will be reporting to the senior scientific leads and you are responsible for (a) researching and developing technical material, (b) ensuring that all output follows written brief, is accurate in content and editorial style and can be referenced, (c) partnering with clients and KOL's on content development either through the Account staff or directly, (d) attending scientific meetings where output is required.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent and versatile scientific writing and editing ability (e.g. monographs, training manuals, KOLs slide sets); you will be asked to provide writing samples
- You will have significant experience developing content for different medical audiences
- You will be expected to create materials to a high standard and quality, with minimal internal review/assistance
- Experience writing in a range of media, including print, video, new media (CD-ROM and web-based work)
- Excellent quality control skills and meticulous eye for detail – style/consistency, grammar, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc.
- You will need to ensure all writing meets our client's strategic marketing goals, as well as being of high scientific quality/credibility
- Understanding of pharmaceutical and health-related issues
- Familiar with 2006 Code of Practice for medical copy/copyright issues
- Able to learn new and diverse subject areas quickly
- Ability to work within a team and form productive working relationships within, and external to, Huntsworth Health
- Strong client-centric attitude - proven ability to work with clients on projects, ensuring they meet strategic marketing and medical needs
- Prior experience working as a medical writer for a medical communications agency
- An academic background in life sciences
Excellent benefits package including pension and private medical or wellbeing pot.
Office-based, hybrid or remote working available
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.