ApotheCom is an exciting leader in the field of medical communications. Drawn together from several backgrounds including the pharmaceutical industry, research, marketing, medical and regulatory writing, sales, publishing, digital media and design, we have the experience and all-round ability to conceive and deliver the best quality medical communications programs.
About the role
The Associate Medical Director (“AMD”) will assist senior scientific staff in providing scientific support for assigned client projects. The AMD will be responsible for scientific content on specific projects. With supervision of senior medical staff the AMD will develop content that is scientifically accurate and strategically sound, meet with the client and work with faculty. You will report to the Senior Medical Director or Director, Scientific Services
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned medical communications are accurate, clinically relevant and reflect the most recent advances in the medical field.
- Consults with key opinion leaders in the appropriate therapeutic area and provides expert resources and information.
- Maintains knowledge of developments and trends in the pharmaceutical industry regarding appropriate drugs
- When appropriate will partner with pharmaceutical industry clients on goals and objectives of communications programs, ensuring delivery of the highest quality product.
- Remains current with medical developments and conducts literature searches to ensure delivery of accurate medical information for assigned projects.
- Analyzes, interprets and uses complex medical documents under the supervision of senior scientific staff.
- Synthesizes clinical trial data and translates relevance for the appropriate physician and consumer audiences according to client requirements for assigned projects.
- Attends and helps design clinical trial investigator meetings and advisory boards.
- Help write medical manuscripts, white papers, monographs, slide kits, abstracts, and posters under the supervision of senior scientific staff.
- Edits medical documents, verify scientific accuracy and provide quality control for writers and freelancers.
- Advanced degree in life sciences, pharmacology or medicine
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, work to and within deadlines and to juggle multiple projects
- Strong financial, administrative and organization skills, including ability to multi-task
- Strong client communication skills – ability to speak and work with client and faculty members
- Keen attention to detail, ability to prioritize responsibilities and work in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Represent us in a professional manner through appropriate demeanor, behavior and dress
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge of Internet searches and Microsoft Windows software including; Word, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint.
- Travel as needed, including weekends
- Health coverage
- Retirement plan
ApotheCom can offer an attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
At ApotheCom, we value inclusivity, recognize the power of diversity and inspire the next generation of change-makers. We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion. We aim to recruit from a diverse slate of candidates and foster an environment that provides the right conditions for long-term success. We welcome all applications regardless of race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and physical or mental disability.
ApotheCom is part of Inizio Medical. Inizio is a strategic partner for health and life sciences with a full suite of medical, marketing, advisory and engagement services.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.