Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 15,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 200 million business contacts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability 18 out of the past 20 months, and recently closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
As the Head of Technical Recruiting, you will be responsible for guiding and scaling the team responsible for all Engineering, Product, Design, Growth and UX Research hiring. You’ll also be a leader in driving our global recruiting strategy, ensuring our recruiting practices are grounded in data and insights, and setting the vision for the future of technical recruiting at Apollo. Operating as a trusted advisor and recruiting expert to many of our functional leaders, you will advise, optimize and iterate on existing processes to enable hiring teams to be successful.
As a key leader of the People and Talent Acquisition teams, you will lead the technical recruiting function with analytical rigor, a dedication to amazing candidate experience, inclusive hiring practices, and continue to build for scale.
- Manage and develop a technical recruiting team to hire the best technical, product, growth, design and UX research talent.
- Partner with senior engineering leaders to drive strategy and to understand current and future workforce planning needs.
- Leverage metrics and analytics to optimize processes, frameworks, and maximize individual and team performance proactively.
- Spearhead recruiting initiatives including interview training, employment branding, compensation plans, employee retention, etc.
- Foster operational rigor within your team; enabling and enhancing their ability to source and close candidates using a variety of methods -- standard and holistic approaches -- to ensure we’re building a team top tier talent.
- Develop, own, and deliver on diversity and sourcing strategies; enabling the continued growth of Apollo’s global workforce.
- Build a strong leadership bench; leading by example and implementing processes to build team accountability and improve staffing outcomes.
- 8+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience (in-house tech experience preferred).
- Recruiting management experience, with proven leadership ability to develop employees and maximize individual and team performance.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic diversity and sourcing strategies.
- Ability to qualify a candidate and understand what each candidate brings to the table, as well as connect that candidate with the right opportunity at Apollo.
- Commitment to elite candidate experience.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including humility, empathy, and playfulness with the ability to break down complex concepts and clearly articulate them internally and externally.
- Analytical mindset and a track record of building robust data-driven recruiting teams and cultures.
- Strong track record of effectively influencing, communicating, and building strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!