Apex.AI, Inc. is seeking a Director of Sales and Business Development for North America to join our team and drive sales and business development. This position can be based in our HQ in Palo Alto or anywhere in the US or Canada and will report to the Global VP of Sales and Business Development.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for growing our customer base directly and with Ecosystem Partners. The Director of Sales and Business Development will oversee customer-related activities and will be responsible for significantly growing our revenue in North America. If you have a strong background in business development and/or account management in the automotive industry, we want to hear from you.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to
- own business development, sales, and customer communication for the firm in North America and drive commercial with existing and future customers and partners,
- contribute to product, technical marketing, and the overall communication strategy,
- collaborate with the leadership team in developing and driving the overall business strategy.
Expected qualifications and characteristics are
- a minimum of 5 years of experience with a mix of experience across business development, technical marketing, sales,
- experience working for a high-growth startup is a plus,
- a proven strong understanding of the traditional automotive industry as well as new mobility players,
- experience in negotiating, managing and closing major accounts,
- a strong network within the automotive community and startup ecosystem in the transportation space,
- the proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with executive teams, investors, partners, and other audiences, and
- excellent leadership, mentorship, and people management skills.
- an open, friendly, collaborative, organized working environment,
- the opportunity to be part of an awesome and global team,
- healthy snacks and drinks in our offices in Munich and Palo Alto,
- barista training to operate our professional espresso machine in Palo Alto,
- flexible work hours including the option to work from home as much as possible,
- a competitive salary and stock option package depending on experience,
- benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan or pension plan, depending on location and contract.
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.