As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will contribute to the product roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current applications. The Senior UX/UI Designer at Apex Clearing Corp will work throughout our platform in order to increase user satisfaction. Our ideal candidate is responsible for guiding the entirety of the design process through its completion by presenting them to stakeholders and working along developers to ensure accurate implementation within our internal and external projects here at Apex Clearing Corporation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the creative team and developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product, providing expertise and mentorship.
- Exercise your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to deliver compelling customer experiences.
- Critique in-progress design work, evaluating the priority and efficacy of solutions.
- Develop and lead the Design team to improve the range of research methods used.
- Employ design thinking and questioning techniques to develop strategies and execution plans where pathways are not always obvious.
- Provide and encourage feedback from your team and other designers.
- Interview target audience and record their responses to be archived and be used later in the process.
- Create an Affinity Diagram at any time during the pre-design process.
- Apply User Flow and map out pathways an individual will take in a website or platform.
- Develop personas and create a profiles particular users, based on characteristics.
- Successfully perform a task analysis by studying user testing to understand how someone does a specific task.
- Effectively map Use-Case and state why a person would use the platform.
- Map Storyboards to show and display a user’s story.
- Successfully use and apply wireframes in order to interface concepts.
- Create prototypes to show and demonstrate interactions.
- Conduct Usability Testing to validate design concepts.
- Regularly participate in design reviews.
- Study analytics to understand user behavior.
- Having a strong passion for and understanding of user-centered design processes, systemic thinking, and interaction design principles.
- Stay up-to-date with latest industry trends through market research, and discipline-specific conferences to ensure continuous understanding of UX/UI.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Design, Computer Science, HCI, a related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in a professional UX design role
- Understand typography, color, grid, and composition and strives to demonstrate best practices for pixel-perfect production considerations and methods.
- Up to date knowledge of user-centered design and best practice
- You have exceptional skills with a variety of UX software such as Axure, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, etc.
- Strong team and project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Extensive experience with responsive and mobile UX
- Excellent communication skills
- Portfolio of design work demonstrating design principles for web platform with a strong design process, conceptualization skill, and design execution.
- Strong passion and knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and a good understanding of usability.