The Senior Project Manager is responsible for project execution, alignment and reporting on multiple complex projects across the organization. In this role you must implement process in a rapidly changing organization while maintaining low-friction. The primary goal of a project manager is to ensure we reach our desired project outcomes as quickly as possible with minimal surprises.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best –whether that’s leading client onboarding projects or making an innovative change to “how it’s always been done” resulting in a more efficient way of supporting the customer. You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them.
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with clients and colleagues to achieve project goals. You know how to collaborate not only within the department, but also across the organization.
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You value preventing problems from occurring over being caught in the chaos zone putting out fires.
What you’ll do all day:
- Own and manage client projects. As a senior project manager, you will be responsible for planning, problem resolution and execution of client implementation, business and technology projects. You will ensure stakeholders are clear on project deliverables and business outcomes, and provide consistent, transparent, communication of progress to all stakeholders.
- Build trust via transparency. You will communicate openly, effectively, and often to all project stakeholders. Stakeholders will see the great project plans you build with your teams and trust you will get the job done.
- Enable smooth execution. You will collaborate with multiple clients and leaders across the business on the planning and execution of client onboarding and integration projects, and help to remove obstacles impeding team progress and efficiency.
- Minimize surprises. You will anticipate risks before they occur and develop plans to mitigate challenges or capitalize on opportunities.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You’ll work with people who are leaders in the industry creating new solutions for delivery digital financial solutions.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our client growth and success.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” The job is based on the unknown which inevitably means change. If you like to know what you’re going to do every day, you may not like working on this team. You have to go with the flow here.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- Lead projects for top tier clients onboarding/integrating with Apex processes and systems
- Lead projects for critical business and technical projects implementing new functionality or new business lines
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the organization to solve issues
- Proactively identify potential project risks and issues; drive issue resolution and risk mitigation while providing transparency
- Represent Apex in interactions with clients including onsite visits
- Build and manage relationships with business and operational stakeholders
- Engage with project stakeholders across functional business areas, and manage stakeholder expectations by define project scope
- Oversee the end-to-end delivery of business requirements and priorities
- Provide frequent, clear & structured updates to stakeholders
- Identify, address and resolve risks and issues impacting milestones and deliverables
- Help define process improvement opportunities
- Create project artifacts required to keep momentum and meet timelines
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical field
- PMI certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing projects, ideally in a Financial Services (FinTech) and/or Technology firm
- Experience in one or more of the following industries – Wealth management technology, investment management technology, brokerage, custody and clearing
- Desire to obtain FINRA license: Series 99 or Series 7
- Solid experience with new process implementations that are not heavy-handed
- Ability to wear multiple hats on multiple projects simultaneously, helping to fill gaps in teams
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new business processes and functions by partnering with subject matter experts.
- Great at communication up, across, and down an organization as well as the ability to easily interface with customers and vendors
- Proficient with software planning and collaboration tools – Confluence and Jira preferred