The Margin Analyst will assist in the comprehensive review and oversight of FINRA Rule 4210, and associated regulatory requirements, as applicable to all accounts held by Apex Clearing Corporation. Responsibilities will be to ensure all aspects of rule 4210 are adhered. This includes products such as broker dealer margin, portfolio margin, extended settlements, Derivatives, and Prime Brokerage and requires working with both Operations and technology to ensure compliance front to back. The candidate may also be required to assist with vetting new regulatory requirements, new products and ensuring operational compliance with regulatory requirements and the proper monitoring of margin processes. This may include the documentation of all processes subject to FINRA Rule 4210 and identification of the controls and reporting to evidence operational compliance.
The role requires a thorough understanding of Margin rules and practices. We are looking for a proactive, responsible, customer service focused and dedicated individual that is able to work and communicate effectively in a high volume, fast paced environment. Individual must have strong written and communication skills and the ability to provide customer service to internal and external clients. Individual must have the ability to liaise with all areas of the firm including Operations, Compliance, Sales, IT, and Trading staff. The candidate may be required to work closely with management, operations and project teams on the implementation of new rules and a margin calculation, reporting, and workflow system. The successful candidate must demonstrate the highest professional behavior, drive, commitment, strong business and technical expertise, superior product knowledge and understanding of processing and regulatory requirements.
Job Duties Include but are limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with FINRA Rule 4210 and department procedures across all accounts.
- Ability to respond and assist with both internal and external inquiries with a friendly approach.
- Review and approval internal and external requests for transfers and distributions of cash and/or securities.
- Will be required to quickly and accurately calculate margin equity and excess amounts.
- Review, approve and set limits as needed for Portfolio Margin and Master –Sub account relationships.
- Work collaboratively with other departments including Risk, Compliance, Technology, Legal, Finance, and Banking.
- Ensure deadlines are met and deliverables are of a high standard.
- Display enthusiasm and self-motivation to overcome obstacles and demonstrate a positive approach in the face of difficulty while encouraging the same approach in others.
- Drive continuous improvement within the department.
- Work with management as needed to analyze and document current state procedures and drive future state requirements, while documenting the process.
- 4+ years margin experience in Financial Services
- College degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting Preferred
- FINRA Series 99 license required within 90 days of start date
- Detailed knowledge of Regulatory Rules (FINRA Rule 4210 including Portfolio Margin, Reg. T, and SEC 17a-3 etc.)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with an attention to detail while ensuring compliance with all firm and regulatory requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Broker Dealer Margin, Extended Settlements, Derivatives, Securities Operations, and Prime Brokerage
- Experience working with Operations, Compliance & Risk on policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (includes outlook, word, excel)
- Experience in equities, credit/debit balance, call issuances, and cash movements
- Working knowledge of Broadridge Back-Office System a plus
- Knowledge of Access or SQL databases and query creation a plus
- Very organized, able to deal with high volumes, and prioritize workload
- Results driven
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Confidence to deal with both external and internal clients