Apex is the custody and clearing engine for the future of digital wealth. We help our clients provide the seamless digital experiences today’s consumers expect, reach more investors, and serve them profitably. We deliver unmatched speed, efficiency and flexibility to firms ranging from innovative start-ups to blue-chip brands focused on growth.
Apex’s clients are industry leaders who understand that the complexity, costs and conflicts of legacy clearing platforms are blocking progress – and they like the brainpower, transparency and innovative technology they find with Apex.
We are looking for a proven professional to join our Strategic Partnerships team. This group is responsible for establishing and growing relationships that are force multipliers for the business – scaling Apex’s products and reach.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Manager of Strategic Partnerships is a multi-faceted Product/ Business Development/ Relationship Management role which will be responsible for both establishing new partnerships and growing existing ones to drive new revenue to Apex.
Apex’s partnership strategy, includes third party providers, that complement our industry-leading technology solutions, and channel partners who expand our sales footprint. The partnerships team is responsible for delivering and growing substantial revenues to Apex, and this role will play an important part in this. We are seeking a creative, independent, entrepreneurial individual who can identify opportunities, and deliver high value and impact to the business.
- Work with product managers, business owner and clients to identify product opportunities/needs and build business cases to support them
- Manage search and selection process for new partners
- Drive pricing negotiation and contract execution of partnership agreements
- Oversee implementation of new partnerships including go-to-market strategy and launch
- collaborate with marketing and sales to create sales enablement plans and tactics (tools, assets, training, playbooks, etc.) for both internal and external use
- Educate partners on Apex products to further their sale of Apex on our behalf
- Manage, monitor and grow existing partner relationships and revenues
Skills & Experience
- Education: Undergraduate degree (required), MBA (preferred)
- Experience: 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Functional Expertise: past experience in product management, business development or partnerships preferred
- Industry knowledge: Experience in one or more of the following industries – Wealth management technology, investment management technology, brokerage, custody and clearing.
- Contract negotiations: Past experience negotiating complex, multi-year, multi-million-dollar, enterprise relationships
- Relationship management: Track record of success owning, managing and growing complex, enterprise-level partnerships
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple, complex, cross-functional initiatives under tight timelines and aggressive targets/KPIs
- Executive Presence: Successful track record establishing relationships at the C-Suite
- Independence: Ability to operate independently and manage projects with high sense of urgency and accountability