This is an incredible opportunity for a Senior Front End Engineer who will work closely with software development and business teams. We work on building user interfaces for customers of Apex Clearing's suite of financial solutions.
The quality and performance of these interfaces makes your role crucial for the success of our business. You show technical prowess and experience with core front end technologies, as well as working with component libraries and design guidelines. Having creativity is critical for finding new solutions and providing good User Experience. You should be proficient in user interface standards and guidelines, and should have a passion for detail and accuracy. You should have some experience with automated testing and working with the quality engineering team.
About the Product Experience Engineering team:
The team works on creating a flexible and reusable architecture that simplifies the creation of new functionality. We rely heavily on React, TypeScript, Redux, Redux Sagas and component libraries to achieve this goal.
- We are looking for people that are able to pick up new technologies and patterns quickly.
- We work with distributed teams across the US (PST, CST).
- The team operates as a Front End as a Service (FEaaS).
- Being a service team, means that we interact with all the API teams and need to be able to communicate effectively.
- We work closely with the UX/UI Design team as we are part of the same organization.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We've got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You'll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won't be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use the current architecture in order to create user-friendly web pages
- Implement visual designs and requirements from designers and product managers accurately and consistently
- Connect front end interfaces to back end APIs
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as quality assurance, technical writers, product managers, and UX designers
- Build high-quality prototypes to demonstrate new features or enhancements
- Contribute to the creation and deployment of a core UI pattern and component library
- Create reusable packages that can expedite the development of user interfaces and functionality
- Optimize our web applications for performance
- Design mobile-based features using responsive and adaptive design techniques
- Test your applications and perform code reviews
- Provide mentorship for less experienced team members when needed
- Take ownership of multiple projects
- Make suggestions and explore alternate solutions in a productive and helpful manner
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies
The skills we are looking for:
- 3-4 years working with APIs, JSON
- Working with versioning system such as Git
- Documentation of code and processes
- Experience with testing software and working with quality engineering
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Familiarity with design systems and reusable components
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company success
- Critical thinker with excellent, goal-oriented problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills and accountability
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
Nice to haves:
- Experience with React, Redux, Redux Saga, Semantic-UI
- Experience working with designers and technical writers