This is an incredible opportunity for a senior Front End engineer who will work closely with software development and business teams graphical user interfaces for customers of Apex Clearing's suite of financial back office solutions.
As a Senior Front-end Engineer, you will be responsible for building front end user interfaces and behaviors for financial and business-focused web applications. The quality and performance of these interfaces makes your role crucial for the success of our business. You show technical mastery and experience with core front end technologies, as well as working with libraries and design systems. Your creativity is critical for finding new solutions and helping define processes that make delivery more effective and performant. You should be proficient in user interface standards and guidelines, and should have a passion for detail and accuracy. You should have some experience with automated testing and working with quality engineering teams.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We've got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You'll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won't be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement visual designs and requirements from designers and product managers accurately and consistently
- Connect front end interfaces to back end APIs and databases
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as quality assurance, technical writers, product managers, and UX designers
- Build high-quality prototypes to demonstrate new features or enhancements
- Contribute to the creation and deployment of a core UI pattern and component library
- Create reusable packages that can expedite the development of user interfaces and functionality
- Provide high level of quality when implementing layouts and visual elements
- Optimize our web applications for performance and response
- Design mobile-based features using responsive and adaptive design techniques
- Maintain consistency with brand guidelines
- Test your applications and perform code reviews
- Gather and incorporate feedback from end-users and customers
- Make suggestions and explore alternate solutions in a productive and helpful manner
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
The skills you'll need to succeed:
- 3-4 years working with APIs, JSON, and backend systems
- Deep experience with modern UI frameworks and libraries, such as React, Bootstrap, Semantic
- Experience with testing software and working with quality engineering teams
- Experience working with designers and technical writers
- Familiarity with design systems and reusable components
- Experience with documenting and deploying code, working with source repositories
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company success
- Critical thinker with excellent, goal-oriented problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills and accountability
- Great interpersonal and communication skills