At Apex Clearing, we're all about building the next-generation trade clearing platform that enables the hottest stock trading apps the capabilities they need to introduce a new generation to investing. We need passionate, determined, courageous, and principled software engineers in test like you to help us achieve this mission. If what you need next in your career is an opportunity to be empowered to make your own decisions, learn from your mistakes and execute what works, Apex Clearing is likely the place for you.
We're looking for someone who:
- Always feels they can do things better the next time around. You consistently look for better, faster, and more inclusive ways to prove that our software quality meets the mark.
- Software Engineer by training, quality practitioner by trade. You really enjoy applying your software engineering practices in meaningful ways to continue pushing the quality bar forward.
- Understands how to strike the balance between manual and automated testing. You understand that your time is valuable and prioritize your automation efforts towards the highest risk, most repeatable, and highest value test cases.
- Enjoys working with an integrated team through problem identification, requirements gathering, design, code review, testing, and release.
- Works hard to understand the whole problem and isn't afraid to ask questions or point out concerns.
A few reasons why you might love working here:
- We've got an incredible track record to foster success and ongoing innovation with our customers so you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- Our team is passionate and driven to succeed. We are deeply invested in providing quality services and products for our customers. Their success is our success.
- You're open to change. The landscape is ever-changing. We do not sit idle; we are not satisfied with status quo. We will push industry standards and strive to deliver world class solutions through innovation.
- You'll have genuine opportunities for growth. We care about your career goals and provide options for both managerial and technical career paths. We encourage outside learning from conferences to seminars and meetup groups.
- The ability to contribute to and benefit from a culture of continuous learning. Generous policies regarding attending industry conferences, books, and training reimbursement. We also hold lunch and learns.
- Quarterly 2-day hackathons.
What you'll do all day:
- Work embedded in a software development team that is focused on rapidly delivering stable software.
- Build and contribute to a culture of quality by improving processes, building stakeholder buy in, and mentoring peers.
- Test Microservices through the use of manual exploratory testing and building automated test suites to ensure it meets the use cases and requirements.
- Build test plans and risk assessments.
- Build advanced tools for test automation.
- Participate in all phases of the development process.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Build brand-new testing infrastructure, as the organization identifies novel testing opportunities to safely expand our cloud-based microservices (K8s, Docker, GCP).
- Hit the ground running by contributing their expertise in testing and SDLC process improvements to the team and Engineering as a whole.
- Lead a community of practice at Apex clearing by unifying the testing efforts across development teams.
- Work closely with the team to debug and troubleshoot existing issues while preemptively identifying weaknesses in new systems.
- Help hire and mentor the next generation of Apex Clearing engineers.
Skills that will help you achieve the above goals:
- 5+ years of software testing experience and 7+ years experience with at least one Object Oriented language (preferably Java).
- The ability to pick up new languages, framework, or tooling on the job as we continuously improve our stack.
- Working knowledge of event-driven systems using RabbitMQ, Kafka, Google Pub/Sub or similar
- Experience working with black-box and white-box testing methodologies
- A financial services background
- Familiarity with running and testing software in *nix environments