At Apex Clearing, we're all about building the next-generation trade clearing platform that enables the hottest stock trading apps the capabilities they need to introduce a new generation to investing. We need passionate, determined, courageous, and principled software engineers like you to help us achieve this mission. If what you need next in your career is an opportunity to be empowered to make your own decisions, learn from your mistakes and execute what works, Apex Clearing is likely the place for you.
The Apex Clearing product development team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical leadership and inspiration for a development team at the heart of Apex Clearing's high-volume, high-availability trade clearing suite. We partner with some of the industry's hottest next-generation stock trading products. You'll be at the center of rapidly scaling services that will test your limits.
Apex Clearing product development teams are charged with building the services our clients love and are at the heart of our future product innovations. Apex has begun its transformation from on-premise infrastructure to the Cloud (GCP & AWS), and our team is responsible for transforming our products into the next generation clearing platform that will lead our industry for years to come. We are in need of smart, senior developers to build out our cloud-native (GCP/AWS), event-driven (Apache Kafka), Microservices framework.
What you will do:
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor & train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- Build resilient, self-scaling, self-healing services that allow you to sleep through the night.
- Support the production systems that you build. This includes build, deployment (CI/CD), and monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty).
- Writing high-quality, well-tested code. Maintaining high code-quality standards across your team via code reviews, mentoring & coaching.
What you can expect:
- A highly collaborative environment where everyone is focused on outcomes that build momentum for Apex to reach its goals.
- A culture that values a test-centric approach to software development where 100% unit test coverage is the expectation.
- End-to-end ownership of what you deploy. From documentation to service-level objectives, your team is ultimately responsible for the health of your products.
- Contribute to and benefit from a culture of continuous learning. Access to mentors, generous policies regarding attending industry conferences and book reimbursement, regular lunch and learns.
- Quarterly 2-day hackathons.
- An environment committed to using the right tool to get the job done.
- Work that matters.
The skills you'll need to succeed:
- 6-15+ years of experience as a software developer or similar job roles.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Proven experience in at least one modern language (Java, C#, C++, Go, etc.).
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and coaching other engineers.
- Ability to learn new technologies (languages, tools, frameworks) quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform / Amazon Web Services is a strong plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or Google Pub/Sub is a plus.
- Financial services background is a plus.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-10, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we’re safe to do so following the guidance of the local health authorities and the CDC.