Aperio Philanthropy is a fundraising consulting firm that partners with nonprofits to realize their fundraising potential. We provide hands-on support that generates sustainable revenue growth and enables organizations to thrive.
Aperio was created for fundraisers by fundraisers. Every member of our team has successfully raised funds at leading nonprofits nationwide. With on-the-ground experience, we understand that the barrier to growth is rarely knowing what to do but rather how to get it done among competing priorities.
To simplify the path to growth, we’ve distilled proven approaches into a clear roadmap that any nonprofit can follow. Our services accelerate progress along that roadmap—unlocking new revenue at every step. We’re savvy strategists, but more importantly, we go beyond great ideas and work alongside fundraising teams to implement them.
The result is new, sustainable revenue for the missions that are changing our world.
About Our Team:
Every member of our team was drawn to Aperio by a craving to see nonprofits thrive—to escape the toxic ‘survival mode’ that holds back so many important missions and harms clients, staff, volunteers, and donors alike. We believe that nonprofits are vital to our society—that to create thriving communities, we need thriving nonprofits.
We believe that for any community, organization, or company to thrive, every individual in the community must have the space, resources, and support to thrive. For that reason, we work intentionally every day to create an environment with ample space for creativity, exploration, professional growth, and personal expression. We actively invest in anti-racism and anti-discrimination in our own company and our sector.
Our culture is relentlessly professional and rigorous, but simultaneously open and warm. We are collaborative, give each other honest feedback, and don’t micromanage each other. We engage each other, our clients, and our community members as people first, ensuring that we are supporting each other’s whole selves, not just the work at hand.
We value the combined power of:
We believe that with a clear goal, a fresh set of eyes, a little bit of organization, and an infusion of confidence, every organization can be propelled to a new level of impact
You are inspired by what you’ve just read and driven to contribute what you’ve learned from on-the-ground fundraising to our vision of seeing nonprofits thrive. You believe that fundraising changes the lives of all involved—those served by the mission, the donors who fuel the work, and volunteers and staff.
You are adept at understanding people’s personal needs and motivations and uncovering alignment with your own objectives. You create win-win partnerships that leave people more confident and more capable of impact. You are ambitious on behalf of important causes, with a genuine desire to change the world.
You are authentic in your interactions with others. You build trust easily, communicate clearly, listen actively, ask good questions, and inspire loyalty. You maintain the highest standards of integrity at every step of the way.
About the role
The Coordinator, Operations is responsible for providing comprehensive, proactive operational and administrative support to Aperio’s senior team and operations. As the day-to-day partner of 2-4 Managing Directors on the senior team, the Coordinator supports scheduling, travel, and other projects with the goal of freeing up leadership time for strategic management, client, and business development efforts. As a member of the Operations team, the Coordinator streamlines and contributes to processes and projects related to human resources, IT, accounting, and other operations.
Senior team support (70%)
- Maintains a working knowledge of the roles, priorities, and work styles of each assigned senior team member
- Works with each assigned senior team member to define support needs and create solutions
- Proactively identifies and fulfills support needs
- Serves as a point person for requests of senior team members, helping to organize and prioritize incoming questions, approval requests, input needs, and action items
- Provides frequent reminders regarding next steps on clients, business development, management, and other tasks in the format that the senior team member prefers
- Maintains a working knowledge of upcoming deliverables and projects that require senior team time; supports senior team members in planning ahead and fulfilling their responsibilities
- Supports senior team members in optimizing their calendars, achieving individual objectives for managing time and protecting space to focus on priorities
- Schedules meetings with internal and external stakeholders—including clients, clients’ donors, prospective clients, and other key relationships—in a quick, friendly, and flexible manner
- Facilitates and coordinates meetings including location, catering, and audio/video requirements
- Prepares and/or sources meeting agendas and prep materials, as needed
- Enters information into Aperio’s CRM, including contact information, meeting notes, and next steps related to business development relationships
- Prepares communications, emails, letters, and memoranda, as needed
- Arranges travel plans
- Completes and submits expense reports
- Proactively creates processes for effective and efficient operation of the company
- Serves as a subject-matter expert on the various technology platforms that Aperio uses, including Microsoft Office, Asana, Salesmate (CRM), Forecast (time management), and others
- Serves as a leader in organization for the operations team, ensuring that project plans and next steps move forward by providing reminders to the team
- Enters team project plans and next steps into Aperio’s project-management tool, Asana
- Serves as the ‘manager’ of Aperio’s virtual office
- Plans the logistics for staff events and retreats, including agenda, travel, location, catering, and audio/video requirements
- Supports the onboarding of new team members with support including ordering supplies, setting up accounts, creating onboarding schedules, arranging meetings, and other duties
- Orders IT equipment and maintain an accurate inventory
- Orders office supplies
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Aperio vision, strategy, and plan
- Undertakes special projects as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 2+ years of work experience; executive-level administrative experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook, including advanced formatting and style capabilities
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff, management, vendor, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to successful outcomes
- Self-starter with ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and supervision
- Operationally minded, exceptional detail orientation, and consistent follow-through
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability
- Entrepreneurial style
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel, as needed
This role combines remote work-from-home and on-site client support requirements, which can vary by project from no onsite support to daily support.
To facilitate work-from-home, Aperio provides essential technology equipment and:
- A $250 home office set-up stipend at 90 days
- A monthly mobile phone reimbursement of $75 per month
Aperio is pleased to offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as accelerated career development opportunities.
Base compensation for this role is $40,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience in portfolio-focused, relationship-based fundraising. Bonus and promotion opportunities available.
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid time off (PTO) starting at 4 weeks per year
- 10-15 holiday days per year, including closure over the year-end holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with company matching of 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay