Anzu Partners is an investment firm that focuses on industrial and life science technology companies with the potential to transform their industries. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations.
Anzu manages ~$960 million in capital commitments and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our 25+ portfolio companies. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, our first venture equity fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies with approximately $128m in committed capital. In 2019, we launched our second industrial and life science technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II, with $190m in committed capital and an expanded set of institutional investors. In early 2020, we launched our growth capital fund, Anzu RBI Preferred Mezzanine and became a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). In March of 2021 Anzu raised $420m in an Initial Public Offering of a SPAC, and we are now targeting companies that make transformative technologies with industrial applications.
While Anzu Partners focuses primarily on the United States and Canada, we have invested in companies with substantial operations in Singapore and Australia. Our portfolio includes companies that have achieved breakthroughs in the physical sciences, such as developing the first high-powered blue-wavelength laser for no-spatter welds, and the life sciences, such as receiving the first FDA approval for a blood test for concussion. Our companies deliver strong returns for our investors, whether through public listing via IPO or acquisition by larger industrial players such as Siemens, and drive discoveries that improve our world.
Anzu Partners has offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, Washington, DC and Tampa, FL.
About the role
The Analyst will join our Capital Solutions Team and manage and grow our network of financing sources, as well as play a critical role in our industrial tech and life sciences startups preparing for upcoming fundraising rounds.
The position is open to any of our offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, or Washington, DC.
- Support strategies and key initiatives to raise capital for our portfolio companies, and other various investment vehicles.
- Prepare management presentations, fundraising decks, and other presentations.
- Support the debt and equity sourcing process by identifying and screening opportunities and their alignment with the portfolio.
- Target, maintain and expand both existing and new key venture capital, corporate venture capital, debt, and other financing sources.
- Own and maintain a database of investor data.
- 2+ years of prior work experience in a client-focused environment, preferably in strategy consulting, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- Basic understanding of corporate capital structures
- Experience establishing and maintaining C-level relationships at partner companies
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including written, oral, and digital
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Prior sales experience preferred