Anzu Partners is a venture capital firm that invests in breakthrough industrial technologies. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations. We focus on four key areas: manufacturing, materials, monitoring and measurement, and modeling.
Anzu manages ~$400 million in capital commitments and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our portfolio companies and investors. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, L.P., our first fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies.
In April 2019, we announced the launch of our second industrial technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II L.P., which follows a similar investment strategy.
About the role
Anzu is looking for a Talent Acquisition Associate who will join our Talent and Operations team and take on responsibilities supporting both the firm and our portfolio companies. This individual will report to our Deputy Director of Talent and the role is based in our office outside of Boston in Billerica, MA. They will lead recruiting efforts to source, screen, assess, and hire the brightest scientists and engineers in the industrial tech and life sciences space, and assist our portfolio companies in shaping their employer brand and processes.
- Partner with portfolio company leadership and teams to build a strong talent pipeline to fill current and future roles.
- Partner with portfolio companies to build effective sourcing, screening, assessment, and closing approaches in their recruiting efforts.
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve candidate experience, including but not limited to reducing time to hire and improving overall responsiveness.
- Mine referral and direct application candidates for current and future pipeline fit. Together with the Talent team, help build and maintain pipeline of potential candidates for roles (including passive candidates) and assess for fit, background, and interest in Anzu Partners and our technical portfolio companies as a group.
- Leverage analytics and reporting to provide updates to portfolio company executives and the Director of Talent to shape recruiting activities and understand critical needs in individual recruiting funnels and across the portfolio.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion strategies are incorporated throughout the steps in the hiring process, from pipeline development to conversion.
- Help to build and manage our company internal knowledge base.
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a sense of professionalism, discretion, and judgment at all times.
- 1-4 years of recruiting experience, with a focus on roles in a technical space preferred.
- Understand the technical talent landscape and have previous experience recruiting for engineers, and scientists, etc.
- Experience with Greenhouse or similar ATS.
- Ability to utilize existing network and/or build network of individuals in relevant talent pools and technical communities.
- Ability to frequently context switch, as role requires the support of several companies on a daily basis.
- Strong demonstrated professionalism and an ability to manage expectations and personalities of a diverse group of executives.
- Highly organized and self-directed, with ability to act in an autonomous capacity.
- Brings an ownership mentality to the role.
Anzu Partners is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.