At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change. And we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is unlocking zero-emissions industrial energy, cheaper than fossil fuels. Antora’s thermal batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while strengthening domestic manufacturing, curbing industrial air pollution, and enhancing America’s clean energy leadership.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to join our engineering team to deliver zero-carbon industrial heat and power with our novel solid state thermal battery. We are a tight-knit team that loves what we do and we strive to have an impact, working with humility and openness while building lifelong relationships along the way. The Controls Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for automation and control system build architecture, creating the electrical schematics and layout CAD drawings, and leading the manufacturing effort of the control system hardware and panel builds.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Selecting industrial control systems hardware for use with PLC control systems
- Developing 2D CAD templates and symbol databases for panel and schematic drafting from ground up
- Designing and drafting panel layouts, loop schematics, wiring & cable lists, and bills of materials
- Managing part database in PDM
- Working with manufacturing on panel and hardware builds, cable routings, and hardware integration
- Helping with startup and test of control system hardware
- Developing electrical design checks and reports from CAD Software
- Bachelors or equivalent in an engineering field (e.g. mechanical, industrial, process, electrical, software, automation etc.) and/or 3+ years’ experience in industrial applications (oil & gas, chemicals, power plants, etc.).
- Strong experience with Solidworks Electrical, AutoCAD Electrical, or similar CAD software.
- Experience with industrial control equipment: relays, power supplies, PLCs, IO cards, PCBs, etc..
- Working knowledge of UL508A standards and NEC/NFPA70.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to think about problems from a first-principles perspective.
- Experience working independently, as well as working in a team-orientated and fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Proven ability to lead and operate comfortably across many engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, thermal, fluids, controls).
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience commissioning of process plants or other industrial facilities
- Manufacturing process and, engineering process experience (5s, six sigma, etc)
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, Modular Assembly, and Plant Maintenance
- Technical writing. Equipment specifications, technical reports
- Experience with Allen Bradley
Salary Range: $110,000 USD - $155,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.