Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 23 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
Finance Manager Role
You have shared responsibility for all workflows related to tax, legal, finance & portfolio reporting. You support the global Finance team and local Partner group to ensure smooth business operations.
Our ideal Finance Manager is a critical thinker, proactively takes ownership, passionate about optimizing workflows and works relentlessly with a high level of diligence. You are responsible for the administration of Antler’s UK operating company and investment fund. You are also supporting each of the invested startups with incorporation, setting up their business and following investment funding rounds. As such, you will own the reporting process from the portfolio, and monitor the companies development and support requirements - you will act as a first line of support & defense before the Partners get involved.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and opportunity to work with the most talented individuals and driven founders of future startup successes.
- Supervision of key financial and other back-office operations for Antler UK, including:
○ Day-to-day financial tasks, including executing payments and creating invoices
○ Expense control to ensure compliance with our global expense policy
○ Cash management, budgeting, forecasting and monthly payroll
○ Creation and analysis of monthly management accounts for the operating company and Antler UK VC fund, ensuring that reporting complies to accounting standards at all times.
○ Monthly reporting to Local Partners and Group Finance with analysis of performance KPIs
○ Work closely with auditors and manage the annual audit process of the UK Fund and operating company
○ In charge of local regulatory tax, payroll, superannuation payments and compliance reporting
○ Work closely with our global CFO & Finance function, and local management to improve and maintain Antler’s Finance, Control and Reporting functions;
- Work with our founders to incorporate their companies, and support them for all corporate matters in link with Antler rights & obligations (Investment recommendations, Investor consent, ESOP formation, founder departures / arrivals, etc.)
- Work with local Partners in managing the cash flow and payments related to fund investments and expenses
- Ensure timely external reporting to investors, governmental regulatory bodies, tax authorities, auditors, corporate partners and other relevant third parties
- Own the various portfolio reporting processes (Visible, Airtable) and ensure that a detailed view of the portfolio is maintained up to date
- You help anticipate portfolio support requests and dispatch these among the various Antler UK team members
- You act as the first point of contact when portfolio companies need to raise additional capital and make sure that 80% of the preparatory work is completed by the companies (traction metrics, draft deck, draft financial plan, draft fundraising strategy)
- You leverage the partners to get the companies from 80% ready to 100% ready and handover the process to them at this point
- Supporting Local Partners in managing the investment processes for follow-on investment rounds of portfolio companies
- Other ad hoc projects as and when required
In addition, we expect all our local team to participate in a number of additional activities related to the core operations of our venture capital business; these may include:
- Support the recruiting efforts of world class founders to future cohorts
- Where relevant support the Due Diligence of investment opportunities created within the Antler programs
- Attend learning & development events aimed at expanding our team’s knowledge and skills in areas relating to Venture Capital, building highly scalable tech enabled businesses and others.
- Higher education and minimum 5 years of work experience in a related field such as finance or business management
- Experience in financial management, reporting and process management
- Demonstrated experience in an entrepreneurial environment and experience in taking ownership of challenging tasks, working with tight deadlines and ambiguity
- Detail-oriented and process-focused with strong quantitative analysis skills
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- Proactive and positive personality with excellent communication skills
What we offer
- Work in a fast-growing organization with a lot of responsibility from day one
- Great learning and networking opportunities through working with experienced leaders from top consulting/finance firms, startup founders and tech community leaders
- A fun and global team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- An international environment with significant room for growth
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: London
- Set up: Hybrid
- Renumeration: Competitive
- Please note that Antler does not provide visa sponsorship at this stage