Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 25 cities, including Ho Chi Minh, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030. In Vietnam, Antler is the most active investor with 25 companies backed in the 18 months we’ve been active here.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
About the job
As an Associate you will lead work within both pre-investment and post-investment founder support. In the pre-investment phase you’ll manage our company analysis, idea vetting and valuation, manage the interview of founders and help form an investment thesis together with our HQ team. In the post-investment work you’ll provide hands-on support, along with creating better systems, processes, and tools for our investees.
- Help manage our portfolio companies' fundraising processes from start to finish through introductions, liaising with VCs and other investors, support with term sheets, etc.
- Lead portfolio reviews at the end of each quarter with the local and investment team to understand how the companies are performing.
- Help create best practice processes across both local and global investment and portfolio management.
- Operational involvement; supporting the program and founders with anything from ideation to team formation and pitch practice.
- Oversee our research of market trends and opportunities, review pitch books and create a pipeline of ventures looking to raise funds.
- Manage our due-diligence and provide insight and analysis to the Partners and Investment committee.
- Be a powerful brand ambassador for Antler.
- Experience from a venture capital or private equity investment fund, or in the fundraising team in an early-stage start-up.
- 4-6 years of experience in a highly competitive environment e.g. top-tier management consulting or investment banking firm.
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines, ambiguity, and willingness to support the growth of Antler
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills
- Education from a top-tier university, CFA certification is a huge advantage.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Independent and proactive with a positive attitude.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and belief the world needs more change-makers and innovators.
- Detail oriented.
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines and moving targets.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team as the situation demands.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with the best talents that will generate many of the leading companies of the future.
- Opportunity to build and work with highly qualified and fun teams.
- Opportunity to take part in the early shaping and vision of the next generation of disruptive tech companies in Vietnam.
- Competitive remuneration.