Antler is a global VC backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 25 cities, including Amsterdam, Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
The Capital Director is responsible for capital origination and execution by way of the Antler UK fund (and selectively regionally across Antler’s European funds where appropriate).
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with a material group of relevant LPs for investments into Antler’s UK Fund II
- Actively map fundraising network in the UK and across Europe to thoughtfully identify fundraising opportunities
- Drive Investor Relations: build and maintain relationships with a large group of suited LPs for investments into Antler’s UK fund, by keeping LPs well informed
- Build out a network of well-connected supporters and advisors that can help broaden the reach of our fundraising efforts through high quality monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports, and as requested by LPs
- 6 - 10 years of work experience in institutional fundraising (Family Offices, Endowments, Foundations, Pension Funds, Fund of Funds, Wealth Managers et al) - venture capital experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Robust understanding of investment management and financial market products and services with pronounced commercial instincts
- Demonstrated ability to leverage personal and professional network with family offices and institutional investors
- Experience in leading fundraising processes for funds, including day to day management of the fundraising process
- High entrepreneurial drive and leadership intrinsics paired with a collaborative team-oriented approach to driving towards successful commercial outcomes
- Strong Communication Skills - verbal and written
- Strong Personal Impact - ability to establish a high level of credibility externally and internally - personable, mature, influential
- Strong Commercial Acumen and a natural intellectual curiosity
- High attention to detail, with a reputation for producing consistent, clear and reliable work
- Proficient in Google Suites and CRM systems
- Distinctive track record of academic and professional achievement
The Antler Proposition:
- Create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of building hundreds of disruptive companies that will define the next wave of tech
- An opportunity to change the lives of hundreds of people about to turn into entrepreneurs
- An opportunity to build a high-volume investment track record both in early-stage companies and also in the later stages
- An opportunity to greatly impact the direction and success of Antler globally
- A competitive compensation package