Antler, a global early-stage venture capital firm, is seeking an Accountant to join our global accounting team. This role offers a unique experience of working with finance teams worldwide in group financial reporting. Details below!
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 25 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
The Antler Team
We have a strong focus on people. We believe that building an exceptional team is critical to our success, and target building a team of mission-driven, ambitious people.
The Antler team comprises entrepreneurs, VC investors, and operators with strong track records of building and investing in fast-growing companies. The team has built companies such as fashion e-commerce company Zalora, e-commerce marketplace Lazada, music streamer Spotify, to name a few. Examples of team members include:
Magnus Grimeland, CEO: former co-founder of Zalora (exit to Global Fashion Group), former Norwegian Navy Seal and McKinsey Junior Partner.
Stefan Jung, CIO: founder of Venturra Capital, among the highest-returning funds in Southeast Asia. Invested in unicorns such as Grab, Traveloka, Carro and Lazada at Seed/Series A.
Winnie Khoo: Partner and co-head of Antler Singapore, operating and leadership roles with tech and media giants like Alibaba, PropertyGuru, Carousell
Anne Tutar: Partner and co-head of Antler Norway, founder / CEO of FutureFoods, Turkey’s first health food FMCG, expanded across five markets, exit in 2017
KC Agerup: co-founder of Hugin (SaaS company acquired by Euronext), and later co-founded Northzone, the leading European VC fund that invested in e.g. Spotify and iZettle. Co-founder of StartupLab and the Norwegian Founders Fund.
Teddy Himler: former investor at SoftBank, invested in e.g. Dialpad ($1.2bn valuation) and Tokopedia ($18bn valuation, merged with Grab).
Since Antler’s inception in 2017, we have grown our platform to ~150+ amazing people in 16 markets across five continents around the world. To empower and sustain our expansion aspirations, we now seek an exceptional Accountant with the versatility and cultural agility to own and drive full-cycle accounting for different subsidiaries, across different geographies. You thrive and are fueled by the ethos and pace of a fast scaling organisation on a mission to fundamentally change the world.
This is a highly impactful, visible, and exciting opportunity for the right person. Antler is growing incredibly fast, and from day one you will have a front row seat at a global VC in hyperscale mode. You will be joining a brand new accounting team which serves as the core accounting function to all of Antler’s subsidiaries. If you are ready to get onboard, we are excited to get to know you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or related field
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office or Google Suite
- Experience in XERO or other similar accounting software e.g. QuickBooks is a bonus
- Sound knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Proactive and positive personality with excellent communication skills
- Highly organised and able to multitask
- Able to execute with minimal management guidance and supervision in the long term
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude
- Able to question the status quo and propose ideas to address observed gaps
- Able to thrive on challenges in a very fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Knowledge of Oracle software is a bonus
- Perform day-to-day financial accounting and bookkeeping, general ledger entries, monthly/quarterly accounts closing, bank reconciliations
- Onboard entities to XERO where necessary
- Support in invoicing, accounts receivables and payment/expense management functions, including payroll, vendor payments and expense reimbursements
- Support the finance teams in the preparation of annual financial statements, external audit requirements and tax filing with regulators
- Support the finance teams in the execution of ad-hoc projects
- Interact and problem-solve with finance teams across different time zones where necessary
- Continuously improve and optimise our financial workflows and conventions
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required
What we offer
- You will have an opportunity to start off in an individual contributor role and potentially look to lead as the team expands
- You will have an opportunity to pioneer in a newly-created accounting function and help refine processes to effectively execute the function
- You will have an opportunity to interact with different teams across geographies
- You will have an opportunity to work remotely and have a high degree of flexibility and autonomy in your schedule
- You will have an opportunity to build deep understanding of venture capital, early-stage investing, and what makes early-stage companies successful
We offer a competitive salary with a potential future track to a leadership role.