Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 23 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
The Antler Team
The Antler team comprises entrepreneurs, VC investors, and operators with strong track records of performance and achievement. The team has built companies such as fashion e-commerce company Zalora, e-commerce marketplace Lazada, music streamer Spotify, the world’s first successful online grocery store LeShop.ch, and other companies. Key leadership include:
- Magnus Grimeland, Chief Executive Officer: former Norwegian Navy Seal, Harvard graduate, McKinsey Junior Partner, co-founder of Zalora, which he built, scaled and exited.
- Teddy Himler, Partner, Investment: former investor at SoftBank, invested in e.g. Dialpad ($1.2bn valuation) and Tokopedia ($18bn valuation, merged with Grab).
- Winnie Khoo: Partner, Antler Southeast Asia, operating and leadership roles with tech and media giants like Alibaba, PropertyGuru, Carousell
Antler in Indonesia
Antler has a number of portfolio companies based out of Indonesia, including:
- Sampingan is a collection of workforce solutions, brand and customer management services, and workforce management systems that help businesses scale at lightning speed. They connect companies with their network of over 850,000 agent-partners across 80 cities in Indonesia, helping more than 150 companies ranging from FMCGs to Tech Giants in achieving their goals. Sampingan most recently raised a $5m Series A round led by Altara Ventures and Golden Gate Ventures.
- Base offers a fully digital direct-to-consumer (D2C), personalized skincare platform in Indonesia with high-quality products made from halal and vegan ingredients. The fast discovery process, personalised touch based on the various locations within the country and full product transparency enable an immersive end-to-end customer experience. This ensures specific customer skincare needs are met through an online platform. Base most recently raised a $650k Seed round led by East Ventures and Skystar.
- Brick is a financial data application programming interface (API) that allows developers to offer in-app financial services ranging from data, to insights, Payments and personalised Finance, with a strong focus on Indonesia. Their 1st product - Brick Data API - instantly gives any tech company in ASEAN access to their user’s local digital financial accounts via bank a/c, telco, e-wallet, e-commerce and super app data. Brick most recently raised a $1.2m Seed round led by Better Tomorrow Ventures.
Antler has a number of Advisors from the Indonesian ecosystem, including profiles such as:
- Martin Hartono: CEO, GDP Venture
- John Riady: Director, Lippo Group
- Michaelangelo Moran: Co-founder, Go-Jek
- Noni Purnomo: President Director, Blue Bird Group Holding
The Fund Partner Role
Antler is seeking an exceptional leader to join the firm as a Fund Partner in Jakarta. A Fund Partner in Antler has the opportunity to have an incredible impact on the early-stage innovation ecosystem, and be a part of building the next wave of fast-growing technology companies in Indonesia. If you are up for the challenge, we promise an incredible experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with extremely motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs, and the founders of future startup successes.
Each local Antler fund and team is structured as a local partnership with a high degree of independence and autonomy. Each location is a startup in itself and requires a high entrepreneurial drive, the ability to build and manage an exceptionally strong team and deliver outstanding value to Antler’s founders and portfolio companies. The Fund Partners build out Antler’s presence, network and impact independently but with strong support from the global Antler network and team. As a Fund Partner in Antler, you are part of a global partnership and have the opportunity to take on global responsibilities and help build Antler globally.
Fund Partners are part of the investment committee where we select which founders and companies to back.
- Build and lead an exceptional team: in each new location, we build a strong team of 8-12 individuals, normally 1-2 partners, 4 managers/directors (marketing, recruitment, program and ops/finance), and 4-6 managers/associates.
- Build 20-30 Indonesia based companies every year with the strongest possible founders: Bring in the most ambitious and brilliant potential founders to the program, and work with founding teams to build their companies from scratch. This includes building strong co-founder teams, brainstorming new products and business models, coach and mentor teams to speed up their execution.
- Drive thoughtful investment decisions: take part in the Investment Committee selecting the companies that receive a pre-seed investment from Antler
- Partner with portfolio companies to achieve success: Build a deep network in the VC and angel ecosystems and support the portfolio companies in closing their seed and Series A rounds, support them in the company strategy, as well as using the Antler network to introduce them to customers, employees, advisors and other supporters
- Invest in follow-on breakout successes: identify the highest-potential startups where Antler will be increasing the ownership stake to concentrate our investment into the most successful companies
- Demonstrated spikes in either
- Early-phase startup experience - having founded or been a very early employee of a fast-growing successful technology company, or
- Significant experience in early-stage venture capital, with a track record of leading investments in the seed/series A stage
- Deep network in the local founder, VC, and angel investor ecosystems
- Prior experience leading teams and individuals that have excelled in high-paced and challenging environments
- Proven experience from successfully managing complicated projects
- Bachelors or above degree from an accredited University and at least seven years of work experience
- Exceptional leadership – identifies, attracts, develops and retains high-quality teams
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and a belief the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution and results orientation
- Comfortable with ambiguity, quick changes, tight deadlines and moving targets
The Antler Proposition
- Create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of building hundreds of disruptive companies that will define the next wave of tech
- An opportunity to build a high-volume investment track record both in early-stage companies and also in the later stages
- An opportunity to greatly impact the direction and success of Antler globally
- Competitive salary, a significant share of the market fund upside
- Participation in the broader enterprise upside from the global Antler profit pool