🚀 About Antler
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in, and supporting the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most of the major startup ecosystems across five continents, including in hubs such as New York, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore and Sydney. Since launching in 2017, Antler has attracted ~60,000 applications per year to its programs and invested in the top 1% of founders, resulting in over 300 companies across the world. Our portfolio covers over 30 different industries, including healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
💡 The Role
We are currently looking for top performing students (MSc) and recent graduates for our Investment Analyst internship in Amsterdam. We are seeking diverse profiles & backgrounds, with passion and focus on startups and investments.
As a Visiting Analyst you will work mostly alongside our Portfolio Manager supporting the funded startups as well as our world-class founders, focusing on portfolio management, startups advisory, helping the scouting efforts and the financial and legal reporting.
Support the Investment Manager in the daily activities ranging from operational to advisory tasks:
- Company-Building (e.g. ideation, business modeling, and strategy with our founders)
- Due Diligence and other investment-related tasks of scouted startups
- Financial and legal reporting
- Coaching and Mentoring of Founders and startups in the cohort
- Help our Investment team with scouting direct investment opportunities
- Take initiative of your own projects to bring Antler and our portfolio companies to the next level
You are a top performing university student (MSc) or a recent graduate who is driven to bring Antler to the next level, with full-time availability for at least 4-6 months in Amsterdam.
- MSc student or recent graduate (BSc/MSc) in a Financial related subject (Business, Finance, Investments...)
- Passionate about entrepreneurship: our #1 principle is Founders first - reflecting that the core of what we do is to help exceptional founders succeed. You have a passion for technology, entrepreneurship and helping people build companies that push technology forward.
- Ambitious: another core principle at Antler is Uncomfortably ambitious. As the rest of our team, you like to set ambitious goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Curious: You are curious, like to think outside the box and question the status quo.
- A good communicator: You have good communication skills and a genuine interest in other people. We’re a global team spread across 17 time zones working at a very fast pace. English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
- Taking ownership: you take full ownership of your own objectives, and you also take ownership of our broader mission. When you see something that is broken, you default to “let’s fix this” rather than “not my responsibility”.
- A problem solver who likes to roll up their sleeves: you have strong problem solving skills and are a fast learner. You have a bias for action and are excited about moving fast. You'll likely be a true generalist, hustling to take things from zero to one in various projects to get things off the ground.
- Prior experience (also internship) in VC, startups, investments and/or banking is a nice to have
- Attention to details is key
💎 What we offer
- 700€/months compensation
- A strong company culture, with constant feedback loop and employee development
- Fast-growing organization with a lot of responsibilities from day one
- Great learning and growth opportunity in the world of Start Up and Venture Capital
- Networking opportunities through working with experienced managers from leading consulting/finance firms, serial entrepreneurs, and top-tier VCs
- An international environment which treats all with respect and promotes diversity where there’s room to grow
- A fun and global team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
Start date: January 2023 (latest).
Duration: 4-6 months