Anki is a leading consumer robotics company, founded by three Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates. We’re building on decades of scientific research to make artificial intelligence accessible to everyone. We are dedicated to creating unique consumer products that people would not expect to be possible, powered by robotics and AI.
We deliver accessible consumer robots at high-scale, along the way solving incredibly hard, real-world robotics problems while building a great consumer brand and company. Our products perform under a wide variety of real-world conditions in people's homes, every day, reliably and consistently and aim to represent the premium and most capable choice in the categories they are in.
We push the boundaries of expectations for what an affordable and accessible consumer robot can do today and we’re leveraging our presence in more than nearly two million households to build a software, hardware and cloud technology stack that will power a wide variety of even more capable consumer robots in the near future. Our earlier products in entertainment (Overdrive and Cozmo) have been near the top of their categories for years, and Anki is now branding out into Home Robotics with continued development to push the boundaries on the smart home and into diverse related sectors.
Recently, Anki launched Vector, the company’s first fully autonomous, always-on home robot with a rich personality that is also a helpful companion. Being cloud-connected and packing an impressive amount of tech in a small form, Vector (The Good Robot) is a living character and an evolving consumer robotics platform that will continually expand for years to come.
To date, we have closed more than $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as JP Morgan Chase. Last year, Anki generated nearly $100M in revenue.
We’re proud to be regarded as industry leaders in the consumer robotics & AI space. Some of our recent accolades include:
- Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the “Robotics” Category (2015, 2016 & #2 in 2017)
- CB Insight Artificial 100 List (2017 & 2018)
- Robotics Business Review “RBR50” List 2017
- San Francisco Business Times Tech & Innovation Awards 2017
As the Head of Finance, Corporate FP&A, you will be responsible for managing the full company P&L, as well as short-term and long-range planning. This role includes developing and implementing effective reporting and planning processes across the global Finance FP&A. This highly visible role has face-time with senior and executive management, delivering impactful analysis and recommendations, and driving meaningful improvements across the finance organization. Specifically, this position will coordinate and facilitate the corporate financial planning processes, report and analyze financial/operational results, drive the intra-quarter forecast process and support the earnings process.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision for FP&A across finance
- Drive the intra-quarter forecasting process and continual process improvement
- Participate as a key member of the quarterly close process and work closely with Accounting, Manufacturing, Sales Operations, and Finance
- Prepare executive-grade financial reporting, summarizing findings, risks, opportunities and recommendations
- Drive the long-range financial planning process within finance and cross-functionally
- Assist in driving the annual business planning processes, ensuring collaboration and coordination across the company
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations to senior and executive management
- Analyze operational and financial results, including KPIs and business drivers
- Review and coordinate key executive meetings and analysis including the quarterly Operations Review and Board of Directors packages
- Work closely with the Finance team and other stakeholders to drive improvements and automation in the current reporting process
- Demonstrated strong business partnership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity
- Ability to clearly communicate results and recommendations to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to drive continual process improvement
- Energy and passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Knowledge of Netsuite and Excel
- Able to prioritize work, meet deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, communication and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting (MBA or CPA preferred)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!