Anki is a leading consumer robotics company, founded by three Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates. We’re building on decades of scientific research to make artificial intelligence accessible to everyone. We are dedicated to creating unique consumer products that people would not expect to be possible, powered by robotics and AI.
We deliver accessible consumer robots at high-scale, along the way solving incredibly hard, real-world robotics problems while building a great consumer brand and company. Our products perform under a wide variety of real-world conditions in people's homes, every day, reliably and consistently and aim to represent the premium and most capable choice in the categories they are in.
We push the boundaries of expectations for what an affordable and accessible consumer robot can do today and we’re leveraging our presence in more than nearly two million households to build a software, hardware and cloud technology stack that will power a wide variety of even more capable consumer robots in the near future. Our earlier products in entertainment (Overdrive and Cozmo) have been near the top of their categories for years, and Anki is now branding out into Home Robotics with continued development to push the boundaries on the smart home and into diverse related sectors.
Recently, Anki launched Vector, the company’s first fully autonomous, always-on home robot with a rich personality that is also a helpful companion. Being cloud-connected and packing an impressive amount of tech in a small form, Vector (The Good Robot) is a living character and an evolving consumer robotics platform that will continually expand for years to come.
To date, we have closed more than $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as JP Morgan Chase. Last year, Anki generated nearly $100M in revenue.
We’re proud to be regarded as industry leaders in the consumer robotics & AI space. Some of our recent accolades include:
- Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the “Robotics” Category (2015, 2016 & #2 in 2017)
- CB Insight Artificial 100 List (2017 & 2018)
- Robotics Business Review “RBR50” List 2017
- San Francisco Business Times Tech & Innovation Awards 2017
The candidate will be joining the Anki Finance team with the expectations of being a key contributor in a fast-paced, growth environment, and will have ownership over the Accounting function to scale in line with the growth and increasing complexity of a global business. This position reports to the CFO.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual close for Corporate and all subsidiaries
- Ensure accurate and timely issuance of financial statements
- Actively manage, coach and mentor accounting team and develop in-house accounting knowledge
- Oversee all general ledger transactions and reconciliations
- Identify and resolve accounting issues and set accounting policies and standards
- Provide executive management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Research and remain informed about all applicable accounting pronouncements, rules and requirements to ensure that the organization is in full compliance
- Seeking out unsolved problems and taking an initiative to address them
- Collaborating teams across the company
- Working closely with Tax Accountants
- Maintain and guide the design of Accounting related systems (Shareworks, Netsuite, Expensify, etc)
- Manage 3rd party vendors, including financial institutions and outsourced support
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Math
- Certified Public Accountant
- Progressively responsible experience with an entrepreneurial mindset, proven ability to be resourceful, and experience improving and streamlining processes
- Prior Accounting experience working in retail, hardware or manufacturing industries
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn quickly, and make an impact
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in an unstructured environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical Accounting guidance or issues in easy to understand business terms to key decision makers
- Must be able to think strategically on critical business issues, while simultaneously possessing the ability to act tactically to execute against them
- Ability to create successful partnerships cross-functionally
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite, Oracle, etc. a plus
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!