Anki is a leading consumer robotics company, founded by three Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates. We’re building on decades of scientific research to make artificial intelligence accessible to everyone. We are dedicated to creating unique consumer products that people would not expect to be possible, powered by robotics and AI.
We deliver accessible consumer robots at high-scale, along the way solving incredibly hard, real-world robotics problems while building a great consumer brand and company. Our products perform under a wide variety of real-world conditions in people's homes, every day, reliably and consistently and aim to represent the premium and most capable choice in the categories they are in.
We push the boundaries of expectations for what an affordable and accessible consumer robot can do today and we’re leveraging our presence in more than nearly two million households to build a software, hardware and cloud technology stack that will power a wide variety of even more capable consumer robots in the near future. Our earlier products in entertainment (Overdrive and Cozmo) have been near the top of their categories for years, and Anki is now branding out into Home Robotics with continued development to push the boundaries on the smart home and into diverse related sectors.
Recently, Anki launched Vector, the company’s first fully autonomous, always-on home robot with a rich personality that is also a helpful companion. Being cloud-connected and packing an impressive amount of tech in a small form, Vector (The Good Robot) is a living character and an evolving consumer robotics platform that will continually expand for years to come.
To date, we have closed more than $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as JP Morgan Chase. Last year, Anki generated nearly $100M in revenue.
We’re proud to be regarded as industry leaders in the consumer robotics & AI space. Some of our recent accolades include:
- Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the “Robotics” Category (2015, 2016 & #2 in 2017)
- CB Insight Artificial 100 List (2017 & 2018)
- Robotics Business Review “RBR50” List 2017
- San Francisco Business Times Tech & Innovation Awards 2017
We’re looking for a great engineer to help us further develop and improve upon the SDK, our product that enables students, professors, children and tinkerers to program their Anki Robots. We’ve released Python-based SDKs for both Vector and Cozmo and continue to improve upon them.
- Designing and Supporting internal and external SDK
- Will work with various languages and across multiple problem spaces
- Will work with various teams to gain knowledge and share ideas about building and maintaining SDK features
- Must be able to change focus and multitask various problems
- Will work with a team of strong engineers dedicated to establishing best practices
- Must communicate effectively both written and spoken with various stakeholders and team members
- Empower a community of enthusiastic robotics fans and learners
- 2-5 years professional experience in software engineering
- Good knowledge of C++ or Python or Go
- Ability to pick up new languages, frameworks and API's quickly
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-directed/motivated and can work autonomously with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing and maintaining a widely-used API or SDK
- Experience with C#
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!