Anki is a leading consumer robotics company, founded by three Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates. We’re building on decades of scientific research to make artificial intelligence accessible to everyone. We are dedicated to creating unique consumer products that people would not expect to be possible, powered by robotics and AI.
We deliver accessible consumer robots at high-scale, along the way solving incredibly hard, real-world robotics problems while building a great consumer brand and company. Our products perform under a wide variety of real-world conditions in people's homes, every day, reliably and consistently and aim to represent the premium and most capable choice in the categories they are in.
We push the boundaries of expectations for what an affordable and accessible consumer robot can do today and we’re leveraging our presence in more than nearly two million households to build a software, hardware and cloud technology stack that will power a wide variety of even more capable consumer robots in the near future. Our earlier products in entertainment (Overdrive and Cozmo) have been near the top of their categories for years, and Anki is now branding out into Home Robotics with continued development to push the boundaries on the smart home and into diverse related sectors.
Recently, Anki launched Vector, the company’s first fully autonomous, always-on home robot with a rich personality that is also a helpful companion. Being cloud-connected and packing an impressive amount of tech in a small form, Vector (The Good Robot) is a living character and an evolving consumer robotics platform that will continually expand for years to come.
To date, we have closed more than $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as JP Morgan Chase. Last year, Anki generated nearly $100M in revenue.
We’re proud to be regarded as industry leaders in the consumer robotics & AI space. Some of our recent accolades include:
- Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the “Robotics” Category (2015, 2016 & #2 in 2017)
- CB Insight Artificial 100 List (2017 & 2018)
- Robotics Business Review “RBR50” List 2017
- San Francisco Business Times Tech & Innovation Awards 2017
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be working with Anki’s engineering, creative, hardware, & product teams to bring your product to realization. You must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; have a firm grasp on technical and creative fundamentals, phenomenal communication skills, and a desire to work with cross-functional teams to deliver ground-breaking products. A successful candidate will manage feature teams: designing, prioritizing, scheduling, tracking, and communicating the status of software and hardware deliverables. Additionally, you’ll be constantly working to enhance our methodology and processes to ensure consistent progress.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage cross-discipline teams creating or enhancing complex cutting-edge features for our products, guided by high-level product direction.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with operations, project management, product management, and other business partners.
- Drive, manage, and coordinate project deliverables, scope changes and new feature requests.
- Ensure we deliver a quality product, on budget and on time.
- Keep the team moving towards the defined vision and apply vision to resolve any mismatches across product.
- Establish and define best practices
- Proven track record of driving process creation and enforcement
- 5-8 years of program management experience, including technical hardware/software initiatives
- Organizational exposure to mass production
- Project or Program experience with systems spanning a technical organization: hardware, embedded firmware, mobile operating systems, etc
- Love to drive consensus. Influence, advise and rally your troops and business partners to meet our goals
- Highly organized. Have multiple methodologies for creating and maintaining organization.
- Excellent time-management skills. Highly efficient.
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!