Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies grow by creating high quality, long-form pieces that their audience loves.
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of marketers, scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are looking for Team Leads to manage a team of talented Content Marketing Managers. If you love creating, managing people, advising the team on their strategic thinking skills, and using your knowledge and experience in content marketing to help others grow, this is the perfect position for you. This role reports to our General Manager, and also works closely with our COO, Editors, and Customer Operations team.
You're a fit for the Team Lead role if:
- You have experience writing high-quality content in-house or at an agency
- You have a holistic understanding of content marketing, and can leverage its various facets (blog content, distribution channels, reporting, etc.) to advise on strategies for customers
- You are opinionated about content marketing, and can speak clearly and persuasively about what qualifies as quality content (and why)
- You take both performance-based and creative approaches to content; you are an expert at balancing the two to help our content marketing managers create great work for our customers
- You are excited about managing content marketers and helping them grow in their roles
- You can tie micro work back to macro goals and tell a story about results so that your team members are able to share successes with stakeholders
This role requires:
- At least 1 year of management experience, ideally of freelance writers, content managers, and/or a similar role
- 1 or more years of experience creating and iterating on content strategies for an an agency, brand, or multiple customers
- 2 or more years of experience tracking and reporting on those strategies, using Google Analytics and similar tools for data-gathering
- Experience with on-page SEO and creating posts optimized for search, using Ahrefs, SEMrush, or similar tools for research
- Strong interest in B2B, SaaS, and/or technology and a thorough knowledge of the top content and thought leadership in these fields
- A desire and ability to work hours aligning with North America's EST and/or PST time zones (to accommodate our team's schedules)
- Authorization to work in the United States
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have overlap with EST hours
- Flexible, asynchronous team member and customer communication
- For US-based team members: health insurance (80% company paid) plus dental and vision insurance (99% company paid)
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 5 paid floating holidays per year
- Unlimited sick time
- Unlimited personal time
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
- Customized career growth and goals set and tracked monthly
Our stance on diversity:
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all candidates and employees.
We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
If you have further questions or need assistance during the application process:
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help. Thanks so much!