Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies grow by creating high quality, long-form pieces that their audience loves.
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of marketers, scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
About this role:
Our purpose is to make the internet a more helpful place. We know that cutting edge content is the product of a diverse group of people, perspectives, beliefs and backgrounds working together. With that in mind, we are searching for current students, recent graduates, or aspiring content marketers interested in paid, part-time content marketing internships.
Through this program you will learn by doing, learn through research, and learn by working with the best practitioners. Ideal interns will have interest in two areas: writing high quality long-form (~1,500 word) content, and learning how to create content strategies. The length and depth of your experience can vary, and our team works closely with all interns to grow their skills in these areas long-term.
Our goal is to make the content marketing industry more diverse and brilliant, therefore we are specifically interested in bringing on interns from underrepresented groups for this opportunity, including (but in no way limited to) Black, Latinx, Native/indigenous American, Asian, veteran, disabled, transgender, non-binary, and LGBTQ+ individuals. If you feel comfortable doing so, we encourage you to self-identify on the EEOC portion of your application; however, you are in no way required to do this and we will consider every application equally without viewing the answers to these questions.
This is the first time we're running this internship program, so we're looking for people who are open to giving feedback to help us continuously improve for future cohorts. We encourage everyone who's interested to submit an application, and we'll be in touch if we think there's a potential fit.
Please note: This is a temporary internship that does not include benefits. There will be opportunities for successful interns to discuss full time work post internship. If you have any questions about this before you apply, please reach out using the email address at the bottom of this job description.
What we can offer:
The Internship Program at Animalz will offer its participants:
- A part-time opportunity (up to 25 hours per week) for approximately 3 months
- The opportunity to shadow, learn from, and work directly with our expert team of 100+
- Time and support to work on one or more projects with clear goals over the course of your internship to give you tangible work experience to further your career
- A dedicated mentor throughout your time at Animalz who you will meet with weekly
- An executive sponsor who you will meet with you monthly and serve as a reference for successful interns
- The flexibility to learn about a specific area or role within content marketing (e.g. strategy, account management, people ops, or other areas where you have an interest)
- Access to our library of content courses, guides, videos, and other learning material
- Advice and support for seeking a full-time role post-internship
Our ideal candidates:
- Are interested in a career in content marketing or an adjacent field (e.g. SEO, social media)
- Have some long-form writing experience, either for educational or professional purposes
- Have a general understanding of marketing, sales, and social media
- Are interested in learning about how agencies and their customers can successfully work together
- Aren't afraid to ask questions or admit what they don't know
- Are well-organized and independently motivated
- Want to be challenged by their work and learn by doing, not just observing
- Are open to feedback and committed to self development
Learn more about being a Content Marketing Manager:
Watch these short video interviews with Elaine Atwell and Eric Thompson, two of our CMs, to hear from them about their roles, company culture, remote work, and more. Visit our careers page to view additional openings at Animalz!
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have overlap with EST hours
- Flexible, asynchronous team member and customer communication
- For US-based team members: health insurance (80% company paid) plus dental and vision insurance (99% company paid)
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 5 paid floating holidays per year
- Unlimited sick time
- Unlimited personal time
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
- Customized career growth and goals set and tracked monthly
Our stance on diversity:
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all candidates and employees.
We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
If you have further questions or need assistance during the application process:
Please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. Thanks so much!