Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies grow by creating high quality, long-form pieces that their audience loves.
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of marketers, scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
About this role:
We’re currently looking for a full-time copyeditor with excellent attention to detail to manage a small group of freelance copyeditors. Together with their team, this person would cover a 12-hour period every Monday through Friday.
Our copyeditors, along with our editors, ensure the accuracy and quality of each and every piece of content delivered to our customers. Along with managing our freelance team, the person in this role will correct spelling, grammar and punctuation errors in written content. They'll also apply company style guide directions, verify the accuracy of data/statistics, names, titles, dates, and URLs, and potentially suggest full-sentence rewrites for clarity.
The primary responsibilities for this role:
- Copyedit long-form content marketing pieces like blog posts, ebooks, case studies, etc., for B2B SaaS/tech companies
- Answer questions from content managers and others at Animalz about style, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Ensure all internal training materials that cover grammar, punctuation, citation, and other writing details are correct and updated
- Ensure all client style guides are up to date and available to freelance copyeditors
- Manage the company’s Grammarly, ProWriting Aid, and other writing-related accounts
- Manage the workload of freelance copyeditors
- Ensure adequate copyediting coverage for a growing number of articles written by writers across time zones in and outside of the U.S. Monday through Friday, with double or triple coverage when necessary
- Work with People Ops to review applications, evaluate applicant copyediting tests, and interview potential candidates
- Ensure holidays, vacations, and sick days are sufficiently covered by freelance copyeditors
You’re an ideal candidate for this role if you have:
- 3 - 5 years of proofreading and/or copy editing experience
- Excellent written English
- Acute attention to detail
- The ability to update, follow, and apply multiple customer style guides
- Experience with or interest in B2B, SaaS, technical, or similar content
- Experience with or interest in managing a small team of freelancers, with the potential to grow the department to include more full-time copyeditors
- Interest in working with our People Ops team to review future full-time or freelance applications and participate in the hiring process
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have overlap with EST hours
- Flexible, asynchronous team member and customer communication
- For US-based team members: health insurance (80% company paid) plus dental and vision insurance (99% company paid)
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 5 paid floating holidays per year
- Unlimited sick time
- Unlimited personal time
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
- Customized career growth and goals set and tracked monthly
Our stance on diversity:
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all candidates and employees.
We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
If you have further questions or need assistance during the application process:
Please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. Thanks so much!