Are you an adventurous Full Stack Developer interested in joining us in our Vancouver studio?! This position is innovative and challenging; you will be solving complex problems using creative solutions and techniques while contributing to the overall delivery of an animated feature film!
The position will have you working as part of a small international team that forms part of a larger group focused on satisfying the bespoke software requirements and support requests of the creative workflows. You will interact regularly with artists and leads in the production departments. You will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of production workflow management and reporting systems; digital asset management systems that play a key role in automating parts of our film production pipeline. A particular focus will be working on our proprietary compute farm management software, which manages 10s of thousands of cores.
What you’ll get to do:
- Participate in the design and development of new features of production workflow & reporting systems
- Have full responsibility of build and deployment of features to production
- Resolve user escalations by coding fixes or changes
- Monitor production systems and resolve any operational issues
What you bring:
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of commercial Java development experience
- A good understanding of Data Models and Relational Databases
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Previously contributed to robust and scalable systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and estimating abilities
Experience with the following would be highly regarded:
- Spring, JMS, Web Services, GWT
- Postgres or similar database systems
- Agile methodologies
- Continuous integration/deployment
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our our FAQ page.