Are you an enthusiastic and outgoing person interested in joining our IT Support team in our LA office? You will be working with a vast and complex array of technologies for one of the world's leading visual effects and animation studios. You will work out of Venice/Hollywood/Burbank locations and also interface with our Sydney and Vancouver studios. The majority of the work will be face-to-face with producers/head of departments and will require some email correspondence with our Sydney support team during their business hours. Ideal candidate should have knowledge of the animation production process, excellent communication and follow-up skills, understanding of the demands of production, and have a willingness to support production as dictated by their schedules.
What you'll get to do:
- Provide 1st/2nd level technical support.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting local infrastructure.
- Follow IT procedures as established by the Sydney studio.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company's Los Angeles infrastructure, including workstations, servers, storage, network, tape backups and video equipment.
- Ensure the reliable and efficient handling of video media and image data to meet the needs of staff and clients through all service areas (transfer, duplication, display, editing, archiving).
- Maintain video & data capture & transfer systems (Mac, PC or other).
- Perform maintenance on a broad range of video equipment, including display set-ups and alignment through to cabling and routing, if required.
- Manage the company's IP telephone and Video Conferencing systems at the local level.
- Occasional requirement to perform after hours and/or weekend support.
- Relocation of IT equipment (moving machine/s, monitors etc).
- Ensure that asset management, licensing, OH&S, and other company policies are being adhered to.
- Get quotes and manage vendors as required
- Assist with project tasks driven by the Sydney studio.
- Generate and maintain both internal and end user documentation, as required.
- Take calls from Editorial when issues arise and respond appropriately;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Avid Media Composer;
- Escalate issues to vendors if required;
- Assistance with daily office duties: includes phone coverage, opening/closing of the office, office moves, etc.; position is considered part of the office administration rotation (when coverage is necessary).
What you bring:
- Relevant technical skills and experience
- Previous experience in either a senior support role or mid-level system engineering role
- Must have strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Linux, Windows and OSX Operating System exposure.
- Networking and connectivity skills
- MAC/PC maintenance and software installation
- Installation and upgrading of MAC/PC hardware
- Film/VFX Industry experience, a plus
- Exhibit a passion for learning new skills, techniques and technologies.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively communicate with people with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a larger team in Sydney.
- A keen focus on attention to detail and customer service.
- Ability to work remotely with multiple technical departments in Sydney
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with fluid requirements and deadlines.
- Exhibit a strong interest in technology and the entertainment industry.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to “think on your feet” to come up with creative ideas and solutions to technical problems.
- College, University or industry certification/training in the field of IT.
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in the US.